If you're struggling to pay your bill, you may be eligible for our Customer Assist program.
On this program, we'll:
- help you work out what you can afford to pay, based on your current financial situation and future energy needs
- work with you to develop a personalised payment plan that outlines regular payments and what you'll need to do to stay in the program
- help you reduce your electricity usage
- let you know if you're eligible for any government rebates, concessions, grants and services
- suggest where you can get further financial assistance.
To find out more about the program and whether you're eligible, read our Hardship Policy for the Customer Assist Program. (PDF 152.1 kb)
Payment plans are designed to help you pay your account balance, with an understanding of your individual needs, ability to make payments and your future energy use.
While your payment plan is active your electricity bill will be issued as a statement only.
You’ll need to make all of your individual agreed payments according to your payment schedule.
If you miss a payment, your plan may be cancelled so please contact our team to have a confidential discussion if you are in this situation. If your plan is cancelled, it may impact your participation in our Customer Assist program and your ability to arrange another payment plan with us in the future.
Third party authorities
Third parties can receive information and manage accounts on your behalf include:
- Power of Attorney
- Enduring Power of Attorney
- Queensland Civil Administration Tribunal
- Financial Counsellor Authority
Depending on the type of authority, there may be no limitations to act on the account holder's behalf.
How to add a third party to your account:
To add a Power of Attorney, Enduring Power of Attorney or Queensland Civil Administration Tribunal appointed representative or Financial Counsellor to your account:
Authorised representatives are the most common type of third party arrangement. Authorised representatives can receive information about your account and complete all transactions except the following:
- Set up or finalise an account
- Set up a password on the account
- Add a Direct Debit or Centrepay only in the account holder's name
- Add additional authorised representatives
- Remove any other authorised representatives
- Request a refund on an account
- Request a transfer of credit balance
- Update personal details aside from their own
How to add an authorised representative to your account:
To add an authorised representative to your residential account, please complete our Appointment of authorised representative – residential form and return to Ergon Energy Retail:
Online: Please complete our contact form and attach a copy of your appointment of authorised representative - residential form
Fax: (07) 4922 7562
Post: Ergon Energy Retail
PO Box 308
Rockhampton QLD 4700