If you're struggling to pay your bill, you may be eligible for our Customer Assist program.
On this program, we'll:
- help you work out what you can afford to pay, based on your current financial situation and future energy needs
- work with you to develop a personalised payment plan that outlines regular payments and what you'll need to do to stay in the program
- help you reduce your electricity usage
- let you know if you're eligible for any government rebates, concessions, grants and services
- suggest where you can get further financial assistance.
To find out more about the program and whether you're eligible, read our Hardship Policy Summary (PDF 152.1 kb) for the Customer Assist Program.
View the full Ergon Energy Retail Hardship Policy (PDF 175.8 kb).
Payment plans are designed to help you pay your account balance, with an understanding of your individual needs, ability to make payments and your future energy use.
While your payment plan is active your electricity bill will be issued as a statement only.
You’ll need to make all of your individual agreed payments according to your payment schedule.
If you miss a payment, your plan may be cancelled so please contact our team to have a confidential discussion if you are in this situation. If your plan is cancelled, it may impact your participation in our Customer Assist program and your ability to arrange another payment plan with us in the future.
Third party authorities
Third parties can receive information and manage accounts on your behalf include:
- Power of Attorney
- Enduring Power of Attorney
- Queensland Civil Administration Tribunal
- Financial Counsellor Authority.
Depending on the type of authority, there may be no limitations to act on the account holder's behalf.
How to add a third party to your account:
To add a Power of Attorney, Enduring Power of Attorney or Queensland Civil Administration Tribunal appointed representative or Financial Counsellor to your account:
- Please complete our Authority to Release Information to a third party (PDF 822.5 kb) and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Authorised representatives are the most common type of third party arrangement. Authorised representatives can receive information about your account and complete most transactions. Learn more about authorised representatives including how to add an authorised representative to your account.