Sunny Savers trial
We’re installing solar panels on suitable public housing properties with no upfront cost to tenants.
This trial will help participants save on their electricity bills. The program is available by invitation only in Cairns and Rockhampton regional areas.
As a trial participant, you’ll receive:
- Solar at no upfront costs Solar panels installed on your roof with no upfront cost.
- Lower electricity bills You'll only pay 19c per kWh for electricity you use from your solar panels, that's a saving of 30% on your general supply tariff.
- Online energy monitoring with HomeSmart You'll have access to HomeSmart where you can view how much you are saving with solar and manage your energy use at any time from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Help with budgeting Your electricity bills will come once a month and at the same time each month, making them easier to manage.
This trial is being conducted in partnership with the Queensland Government to support their goal of installing solar panels on one million rooftops in Queensland by 2020.
- Based on 2017/18 Tariff 11 rates.