Need more time to pay your bill?
If you’re having trouble paying your bill by the due date we have a range of options to help you get back on track and ensure the power stays on.
If you need more time to pay your bill, you can request a payment extension over the phone or online.
When we’ll need to speak to you
In some cases we’ll need to speak to you over the phone to assist with your payment extension request. Please call to speak to one of our friendly team members on 13 10 46 if you:
- have been disconnected or received a disconnection warning
- have previously requested a payment extension on your current bill
- have a bill over $3000
- have any outstanding amounts from previous bills
- have a bill for a security deposit
- have a direct debit from a bank account or credit card on the account.
Request a payment extension 24/7
If you don’t have any of the above, you can request a payment extension 24/7 via:
My Account online
Request a payment extension quickly and instantly online via My Account.
Prefer not to login? Use our quick and easy online form.
You can request a new date to pay your bill in full by. You can also request to pay your bill in weekly or fortnightly instalments between now and your extended due date.
Our automated phone system
Simply call 13 10 46 and follow the prompts. You'll need to:
- Have your 8 digit account number handy, which can be found in the top right hand corner of your bill.
- Have the date you can pay your bill in full by – this can be up to four weeks from the original due date (must be a week day).
If you've been affected by a significant life event or are experiencing ongoing hardship, you may be eligible for our Customer Assist program. On the program we’ll help you understand and reduce your energy usage, and work with you to develop a personalised payment plan. Find out more about Customer Assist.
Once you’re on top of your bill and have no outstanding balance, SmoothPay allows you to take control of your future bills by making regular, consistent payments to your electricity account each week, fortnight or month. It means you know how much your payments will be and when they are due, helping you plan your budget. To setup Smoothpay, please call us on 13 10 46.