Need more time to pay your bill
Need more time to pay your bill?
If you’re having trouble paying your bill by the due date we have a range of options to help you get back on track and ensure the power stays on.
When we’ll need to speak to you
In some cases we’ll need to speak to you over the phone to assist with your payment extension request. Please call to speak to one of our friendly team members on 13 10 46 if you:
- have been disconnected or received a disconnection warning
- have previously requested a payment extension on your current bill
- have a bill over $3000
- have any outstanding amounts from previous bills
- have a bill for a security deposit
- have a direct debit from a bank account or credit card on the account.
We are currently experiencing a higher number of calls. This means it may take a little longer to answer your call. If one of the above conditions applies to you, you can submit an online request. Due to the impact of COVID-19, at this point we’ve put on hold all disconnection activity for unpaid bills.
Request a payment extension 24/7
If you don’t have any of the above, you can request a payment extension 24/7 via:
My Account online
Request a payment extension quickly and instantly online via My Account.
Prefer not to login? Use our quick and easy online form.
You can request a new date to pay your bill in full. You can also request to pay your bill in weekly or fortnightly instalments between now and your extended due date.
Our automated phone system
Simply call 13 10 46 and follow the prompts. You'll need to:
- Have your 8 digit account number handy, which can be found in the top right hand corner of your bill
- Have the date you can pay your bill in full by (must be a week day).
To obtain an extension via this system, the maximum extension dates are as follows:
- 5 weeks from original due date for monthly bills
- 8 Weeks from original due date for quarterly and final bills.