For some of our customers, an unexpected outage can be life-threatening.
Our Life Support program
If you or someone at your property requires the use of life support equipment, you could be eligible for our Life Support program.
Registered Life Support program members have access to:
- An Ergon Energy Network telephone number to call about supply interruptions
- An advisory service for unplanned interruptions and information about when power may be restored
- An advisory service for planned interruptions with information about when power may be interrupted and restored.
Eligible medical equipment or conditions
You may qualify for this program if you use the following equipment:
- oxygen concentrators
- intermittent peritoneal dialysis machines
- kidney dialysis machines
- chronic positive airways pressure respirators
- crigler najjar syndrome phototherapy equipment
- ventilators for life support
- any other equipment a registered medical practitioner certifies is required for life support.
If you're not sure if a medical condition would qualify, please ask your doctor or health care provider.
Registering our Life Support program is easy:
- Request an application form Call us on 13 10 46 and we'll send you a form to complete, which provides us with all the information we need to assess your eligibility
- Contact your doctor Ask your medical practitioner to complete the indicated section of the form and certifiy your requirement for the use of life support equipment
- Send us your application Post your completed application form back to: Ergon Energy Retail, Reply Paid 308, Rockhampton QLD 4700.
We’ll contact you directly to let you know if your application is successful.
If your life support equipment requires electricity for cooling or heating purposes, you may be eligible for a concession under the Queensland Government's Medical Cooling and Heating Electricity Concession Scheme.
If your life support equipment includes oxygen concentrators or kidney dialysis machines you may be eligible for the Electricity Life Support Concession Scheme.
For further information on these schemes, visit the Department of Communities website.