Do you or does someone else in your household depend on life support equipment? You may be eligible for our Life Support program, which provides members with valuable information on power supply interruptions.
Our Life Support program
For some of our customers, an unexpected outage can be life-threatening.
If you or someone living at your premises has a medical condition that requires continuous access to an electricity supply, you could be eligible for our Life Support program.
Registered Life Support program members have access to:
- An Ergon Energy Network telephone number to call about supply interruptions.
- An advisory service for unplanned interruptions and information about when power may be restored.
- An advisory service for planned interruptions with information about when power may be interrupted and restored.
Eligible medical equipment or conditions
You may qualify for this program if you use the following equipment:
- oxygen concentrator
- intermittent peritoneal dialysis machine
- kidney dialysis machine
- chronic positive airways pressure respirator
- crigler najjar syndrome phototherapy equipment
- ventilator for life support
- any other equipment a registered medical practitioner certifies is required for life support.
If you're not sure if a medical condition would qualify, please ask your doctor or health care provider.
Applying for membership of our Life Support program is easy:
- Confirm your eligibility Your medical practitioner can advise whether you or someone living with you has a medical condition that requires life support equipment.
- Complete the application form Download and fill in the Life Support Application Form (PDF 71.0 kb)
- Contact your doctor Ask your medical practitioner to fill in and sign the Medical Condition Confirmation section on the form
- Send us your application Post your completed application form back to: Ergon Energy Retail, Reply Paid 308, Rockhampton QLD 4700.
We’ll contact you directly to let you know if your application is successful.
If your life support equipment requires electricity for cooling or heating purposes, you may be eligible for a concession under the Queensland Government's Medical Cooling and Heating Electricity Concession Scheme.
If your life support equipment includes oxygen concentrators or kidney dialysis machines you may be eligible for the Electricity Life Support Concession Scheme.
For further information on these schemes, visit the Department of Communities website.