If our service has provided you with a memorable customer experience, we'd love to hear about it.
Similarly, if you think that we've failed to meet any of our standards or you have a complaint, please let us know and we'll respond quickly to your concerns.
Contact Ergon Retail for feedback about:
- Billing (including estimated bills)
- Tariffs, prices and fees
- Refunds (including solar refunds)
- Clean Energy subscriptions
- Life Support program
- Careers at Ergon Retail
If your feedback is about another matter, see Network feedback.
How to send us a compliment or complaint
If you'd like to lodge a compliment or complaint, please use one of the following options:
- Phone: 13 10 46 from 7am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday
- Online: complete our feedback form or general enquiry form (select 'Privacy')
- In writing to:
Retail Service Quality
PO Box 308, Rockhampton QLD 4700
Additionally, our social media channels are available for you to highlight your concerns with us. If you use these channels, we will private message you to obtain your contact details so that we can work with you personally to work through the complaints procedure. Please use the social media links located in the page footer.
Our complaints process
When we receive your complaint, we'll do our best to resolve the issue or issues when we first contact you. If we can't resolve the matter then, it will be escalated within our internal complaints handling process.
- First level resolution Our frontline staff and subject matter experts are dedicated to providing you with a response
- Escalated level If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you have the option to have your complaint referred to our Dispute Resolution Advisory Team.
- Remain dissatisfied If you are still dissatisfied after working with the Dispute Resolution Advisory team, you may escalate externally to the Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland.
Your complaints will be directed to the appropriate subject matter expert within the business, who will acknowledge receipt of the complaint with you and will advise you of a unique identifying number for your reference. Every effort will be made to achieve a resolution which is satisfactory for both you and us within five business days or within a timeframe to which we both agree.
If, after we provide a resolution for you, you are not satisfied that the outcome is equitable or that we have not done everything in our power to deliver a fair outcome, you may request escalation of the matter to our internal Dispute Resolution Advisory Team. This team will investigate the matter further and propose possible alternative options.
More information about how we manage complaints is available in our Complaints Management Policy (PDF 68.2 kb) and Complaints and Dispute Resolution Procedure (PDF 171.8 kb).
If you are still dissatisfied after working with our internal Dispute Resolution Advisory Team, you may escalate externally to the Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland:
- Phone: 1800 662 837 (freecall)
- Online: ewoq.com.au
- Email: to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In writing to:
Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland (EWOQ)
PO Box 3640,
South Brisbane BC QLD 4101
The Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland is an independent body established by the Queensland Government to investigate and resolve complaints and disputes between energy retailers and distributors and energy customers using up to 100MWh of electricity per annum. This is typically households and many small businesses.