Access to your meter
In order for us to bill you correctly for the electricity you’ve used, you’ll need to provide access to read your meter.
The approximate date of your next meter read is on the front of your latest electricity bill.
You can also register with Ergon Energy Network to receive SMS and/or email alerts 24 hours before your meter’s due to be read.
Please note: Meter read dates may still vary due to bad weather, injury and other unforeseen events.
How you can help
You can help us by:
- Keeping dogs securely restrained and away from the meter
- Letting us know if you have dogs by updating your details in My Account
- Using an authorised lock to secure your gate or other property access point
- Letting us know if you have access issues such as locked gates via our online form
- Moving your meter box if it cannot be accessed
Find out more about how you can help to provide us with safe and convenient access.
Requesting an adjusted bill
Sometimes we’re required to issue your bill based on an estimate of your usage, when an actual read from a meter reader wasn’t available.
If this happens, you can request to supply your own read and have your bill reissued with a new due date for payment.
Reading your meter
There are several different types of electricity meters.
Refer to our handy guide on how to read your electricity meter.