Confirming your identity
When you open or update an electricity account with us, you may need to provide us with valid identification.
Proof of your identity may be requested if you have:
- Not previously held an electricity account with Ergon Energy Retail
- Been an authorised agent on an account but not held your own electricity account with Ergon Retail
- Requested reconnection of power after being disconnected for debt
- Multiple records in our systems with conflicting information.
Providing valid identification
You have the option to provide us with details from one of the following:
- Your Medicare card
- A current Australian drivers’ licence.
If you’re unable to provide this information or if we’re unable to confirm your identity from the details you provide, your request to open or maintain an account with Ergon Energy Retail may not be able to be completed.