Am I entitled to a rebate on my electricity bill?
You may be eligible for an electricity rebate if you hold one of the following cards and meet the eligibility criteria.
- Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink or the Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card and also be receiving the War Widow/er or special rate TPI Pension
- Queensland Seniors Card
- Commonwealth Health Care Card
- Australian Government ImmiCard, with asylum seeker status.
To be eligible for a rebate you must:
- Be the account holder
- Live alone or:
- with a spouse/de facto and/or other people wholly dependent on you
- with other people who hold a Pension Concession, Queensland Seniors Card, Commonwealth Health Care Card or Australian Government ImmiCard with asylum seeker status
- with other people who receive a Centrelink, Family Assistance Office or Department of Veterans' Affairs payments, and who do not pay rent
- with other people who provide care and assistance, and who do not pay rent
- with casual visitors only.
Only one rebate can be paid per eligible household. You can tell if you’re already receiving the rebate by looking at the back of your bill – under the Other Charges and Credits section you’ll see a line for ‘Qld Govt Electricity Rebate’.
You can apply for a rebate online via My Account. If you have an Australian Government ImmiCard with asylum seeker status, please complete our online form to add or update your concession details and one of our representatives will process your request.
If you depend on life support equipment, please also read our Life Support webpage where there is information about available government concessions.