e-Bill terms and conditions
By accepting these Terms and Conditions you agree to receive communications such as bills, letters and notices from Ergon Energy Retail to your nominated email address.
If you are a residential customer of Ergon Energy Retail with multiple accounts, by registering for e-Bill online, you agree to have all your accounts registered for e-Bill.
You can return to receiving communications from us by post at any time. To update your communication preferences, please select the 'unsubscribe' option on any of the emails you have received from us, update your details online or call us on 13 10 46.
Communications by email will be deemed as delivered unless we receive a failure delivery notice. In the event of a failure in delivery of an email to your nominated email address, we will update your communication preferences so you receive further communications by post.
To return to receiving communications by email, please advise us to update your nominated email address and communication preferences. You can switch back to e-Bill online via My Account or call us on 13 10 46.
Communications will be sent via email as a PDF attachment. To view and print PDF documents, you will need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You are responsible for ensuring we have your correct email address in order to receive your communication by email. You can update your email address for e-Bill online via My Account or call us on 13 10 46.
Ergon Energy Retail reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time at its discretion.
Win a Bill Break competition
- Information on how to enter and the prize associated with the Win a Bill Break competition (Competition) forms part of these Terms and Conditions. The Competition is conducted by Ergon Energy Queensland Pty Ltd ABN 11 121 177 802 (Ergon Energy Retail).
- The Competition commences at 12.01am on Monday 10 May 2021 and closes at midnight Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on Friday 6 August 2021 (Competition Period). Entries outside the Competition Period will not be accepted.
- The Competition is open to account holders with a current Ergon Energy Retail electricity account.
- Employees of Ergon Energy Retail and its related and associated entities, their immediate families together with agencies and/or companies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter the Competition. For this purpose, immediate family includes, but is not limited to, spouses, defacto spouses, parents, natural or adopted children and siblings (whether natural or adopted by a parent).
- All eligible customers registered for e-Bill as at midnight Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on Friday 6 August 2021 will be automatically entered into the Competition. This includes participants who:
- Register for e-Bill during the Competition Period; or
- Registered for e-Bill prior to the Competition Period.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By entering the Competition, you release Facebook from any and all liability arising in connection with the Competition.
- Ergon Energy Retail reserves the right to administer the Competition and to alter these terms and conditions (including the prize and winner selection terms) for any reason and at its absolute discretion.
- In no circumstances will Ergon Energy Retail be liable for any loss, damages, loss of profit, revenue, business reputation or opportunity which may be sustained by an entrant, or any other person, in relation to this Competition (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, in connection with the Competition or the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
Prize and winner selection
- Six (6) winners will be randomly drawn using a digital randomiser tool from the pool of eligible entrants who have met the entry requirements for the Competition.
- Each winner will receive a credit to their Ergon Energy Retail electricity account, to the lesser of:
- the electricity charges (including GST) on the winner’s most recent quarterly Ergon Energy Retail bill, or where the customer receives monthly bills, the cumulative total of the bills for the 3 months prior to the competition closing date; or
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
- Subject to clauses 13 and 14, the prize amount referred to in clause 10 will be credited by Ergon Energy Retail towards the winner’s Ergon Energy Retail bill as determined by Ergon Energy Retail, to be offset against any charges payable to Ergon Energy Retail.
- In respect of customers who have approved inverter energy systems installed at their premises and who are eligible for the Solar Bonus Scheme or solar feed-in tariff for regional Queensland (Solar Customer), the prize amount referred to in clause 10 will be credited towards the Solar Customer’s consumption and/or other charges as set out in the Ergon Energy Retail bill.
- In circumstances where a winner’s account is in credit, the winner can elect to receive the prize amount by way of direct deposit.
- The winners will be selected by 20 August 2021. Once Ergon Energy Retail has selected the winners, Ergon Energy Retail will seek to contact the participant by either phone or email to verify their information and eligibility. Ergon Energy Retail reserves the right to select an alternative winner in a further random draw if one of the winners cannot be contacted or verified within three (3) working days.
- The winner will be liable for all other expenses that are not specified in the prize details above.
- The winner consents to having their name published on Ergon Energy Retail’s promotional channels, including but not limited to social media, email, web and newsletters.
- Ergon Energy Retail’s decision with respect to the selection of winners is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition, participants will be deemed to have accepted and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.