Where a risk assessment's been done and control measures are in place, but exclusion zones from overhead powerlines can't be maintained, ask for Safety Advice to ensure the safety of workers.
Obtaining written safety advice
To obtain a written safety advice you can either:
- Call us on 13 74 66 (Mon to Fri, 7am - 5:30pm), or
- Email the Safety Advice Request Form (PDF 57.3 kb).
We'll contact you once the completed request form has been received, to arrange a suitable date and time to meet on site.
Bring your copy of the Code of Practice 2010 Working Near Overhead and Underground Electric Lines (and Dial Before You Dig Plan for location of underground assets where required) to the onsite meeting, as you'll need to refer to them during the meeting.
Provision of written Safety Advice and/or other control measures by us may incur a fee.
Failure to comply with the Regulation or with Safety Advice given by the owner of the powerline may result in details being forwarded to the Electrical Safety Office.
Frequently asked questions
Download our Frequently Asked Questions (PDF 69.6 kb)
These documents are provided as guidance/reference material and the person, worker or PCBU retains responsibility for ensuring that they're meeting their duties under the relevant legislation.
- Electricity Entity Requirements – Working Around Overhead and Underground Electric Lines (PDF 725.9 kb).
- Safety advice request form (PDF 57.3 kb)
- Important notice regarding safety advice (PDF 35.1 kb)
- Decorative painting of Ergon Energy assets (PDF 187.5 kb)
- Order form - Look up and Live Brochures & Stickers