Hand typing on a computer keyboard
You’re seeing information for
Greater Queensland
Not on the right website?
Go to the Energex website

Electrical contractor fee claims

If you've paid a licensed electrical contractor to investigate an issue with your electricity supply, if it's found to be our fault you can request reimbursement.

Making a claim for electrical contractor fees

We can reimburse you for reasonable charges for work done by a licensed electrical contractor if there's been:

  • Loss of supply to your hot water system caused by a fault with our equipment that supplies power to the hot water system. You need to let us know as soon as possible about the fault and get a service order number
  • Loss of supply to your home caused by a fault in our electricity distribution network. You need to let us know as soon as possible about the fault and get a fault call number.

We can reimburse for work that directly relates to an Ergon Energy fault. Reasonable charges include a standard call out fee and, where applicable, standard hourly rates for work completed.

Documents to support your claim

To help us assess your request, please give us a tax invoice from your licensed electrical contractor to confirm the type and value of your claim. Include a service order number or fault call number on the invoice.

How to submit a claim

You can submit your reimbursement claim in two ways:

  1. Make an online claim via Customer Self Service.
  2. Fax or post your claim with a covering letter, including all the information listed above, and a tax invoice attached:
    • Fax to (07) 4932 7124 marked 'Attention Claims'.
    • Post to Ergon Energy Network, PO Box 308, Rockhampton Qld 4700.

Have questions or need help? Call us on 13 74 66 (business hours) to talk with one of our Customer Service Representative.