Man using laptop and mobile phone
You’re seeing information for
Greater Queensland
Not on the right website?
Go to the Energex website

Making a claim for electrical contractor fees

If you've investigated issues with a customer's electricity supply which you found to be our fault, you can request that we pay for your services.

If you've already been paid for your services, the customer can make a claim for reimbursement.

Making a claim

We can pay reasonable charges for work done by a licensed electrical contractor if there's been:

  • Loss of supply to a customer's hot water system caused by a fault with our equipment that supplies power to the hot water system. You need to let us know as soon as possible about the fault and get a service order number.
  • Loss of supply to a customer's home caused by a fault in our electricity distribution network. You need to let us know as soon as possible about the fault and get a fault call number.

We can reimburse for work that directly relates to an Ergon Energy fault. Reasonable charges include a standard call out fee and, where applicable, standard hourly rates for work completed.

Documents to support your claim

To help us assess your request, please give us a tax invoice to confirm the type and value of your claim, and include the service order number or fault call number on the invoice.

How to submit a claim

You can submit your claim in two ways:

  1. Make an online claim via the Electrical Partners Portal
  2. Fax or post your claim with a covering letter, including all the information listed above, and a tax invoice attached:
    1. Fax to (07) 4932 7124 marked 'Attention Claims'
    2. Post to Ergon Energy, PO Box 308, Rockhampton QLD 4700.