Our Complaints and Dispute Resolution Procedure1 explains how we'll manage complaints and disputes. It includes what information we require from you, when you can expect to hear from us, and what options you have if you feel your complaint or dispute has not been handled effectively.
Who does the procedure apply to?
The Procedure applies to you if you're a small customer and draw your electricity supply directly from our network. A small customer is someone who purchases energy mainly for personal or household purposes, or a business who consumes less than 100 megawatt hours of electricity each year.
The procedure can also apply to contractors or suppliers providing goods or services to, or on behalf of us.
What is a complaint?
A complaint or dispute is an expression of your dissatisfaction in relation to our actions, products, services, staff or the complaints handling process itself, where you would like a response or resolution.
It doesn't include general enquiries or requests for our action, such as:
A complaint or dispute may include:
- Claims for loss or damage
- Failure to meet our Guaranteed Service Levels
- Reimbursements of electrical contractor fees due to our equipment failure.
Suspected corrupt conduct complaints
If you have a complaint relating to Energy Queensland that involves, or may involve, suspected Corrupt Conduct as defined under the Crime and Corruption Act 2001 (Qld) or a Public Interest Disclosure as defined in the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2010 (Qld), or suspected Modern Slavery as defined under the Modern Slavery Act 2018 (Cth), please call our 24/7 Integrity Line on 1800 822 965 or send details in writing to The Company Secretary at the mailing address shown below.
How to make a complaint or dispute
You can raise a complaint or dispute with us:
- Via our online complaints form
- By emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By calling 13 74 66
- In writing to:
PO Box 1090
Townsville QLD 4810
Our commitment to customers
As part of our commitment to you, we:
- Recognise your right to raise concerns about electricity supply or any of our products or services
- Will attempt to resolve any issues you may have in an effective, respectful and professional manner
- Will take your feedback into consideration to continually improve how we handle complaints or disputes.
When you have a complaint, we'll:
- Respond quickly and aim to resolve the complaint when it is first raised
- Keep you informed of the progress of your complaint when it is first raised
- Let you know you have the right to take complaints to more senior staff in our business, to the Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland or other appropriate organisations
- Keep reviewing how we handle complaints to make sure our processes and procedures are effective.
Complaints handling process
For more information, you can read:
- Our Standard Complaint and Dispute Resolution Procedure is for your information and is not a contract. This Procedure is consistent with the Australian/New Zealand Standard AS/NZS 10002:2014 (Guidelines for complaint management in organizations) and will be regularly reviewed and updated as required.