This revenue allowance is used to determine our network tariffs each year, which are approved by the AER. The AER also approves prices for our Alternative Control Services (ACS) which are charged separately and do not form part of the network tariffs.
We charge your electricity retailer the network tariffs for the supply of electricity to your premises. Your market contract may be based on fully inclusive prices or your retailer may pass through our network tariffs as a separate charge on your electricity bill. Check with your retailer on how they have calculated your electricity costs and how charges will appear on your power bill.
These documents provide an introduction to our current network tariffs for each customer group.
Approved pricing documents
Tariff structure statement
Our Tariff Structure Statement (TSS) was approved by the AER in February 2017. Our Pricing Proposals for 2017-18, 2018-19 and 2019-20 will be consistent with the details outlined in this document. Any changes to the actual rates are explained in the relevant Pricing Proposal.
- 2017-20 Tariff Structure Statement (Revised and Approved) (PDF 2.3 mb)
- Supporting Information (Revised and Approved TSS) (PDF 2.3 mb)
2018-19 Pricing proposal
Our 2018-19 Pricing Proposal (PDF 1.4 mb) was approved by the AER on 8 May 2018.
The Pricing Proposal sets out proposed prices for our distribution services for 2018-19. It includes the network tariffs for our Standard Control Services (SCS) and charges for our various ACS. We must show that our proposed prices comply with the National Electricity Rules and are consistent with our approved Tariff Structure Statement for 2017-2020.
We provided a number of supporting attachments to the AER as part of our Pricing Proposal, including:
- 2018-19 Network Tariffs (XLSX 678.4 kb)
- 2018-20 Indicative Pricing Schedule (PDF 787.8 kb)
- Comparison between the indicative 2018-19 rates included in our Tariff Structure Statement and the proposed 2018-19 rates (XLSX 2.9 mb).
2017-18 Pricing proposal
Our 2017-18 approved Pricing Proposal remains in effect until 30 June 2018:
- 2017-18 Pricing Proposal (PDF 1.4 mb)
- 2017-20 Indicative Pricing Schedule (PDF 796.0 kb)
- Comparison between the indicative 2017-18 rates included in our Tariff Structure Statement and the proposed 2017-18 rates
(PDF 67.6 kb).
Supporting pricing documents
We are required to publish and maintain a range of information about our tariffs on our website, including:
- Our current 2017-20 Tariff Structure Statement (revised and approved) (PDF 2.3 mb)
- Our current 2017-20 Indicative Pricing Schedule (PDF 796.0 kb)
- A statement of our tariff classes and tariffs applicable to each class
We publish and maintain a range of supporting pricing documents to assist interested parties understand the application of network tariffs and ACS. The following documents have been published for the 2018-19 year.
Network tariff guide
The 2018-19 Network Tariff Guide (PDF 1.4 mb) and associated 2018-19 Network Tariffs (XLSX 678.4 kb) is an operational document for customers, electricity retailers and consultants, setting out the Network Tariff Codes, application rules and rates for each network tariff. A statement outlining the tariff classes and network tariffs applicable to each class in included in the Network Tariff Guide.
The Network Tariff Guide is effective from 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019.
Information on Network Tariff Codes and rates for site-specific tariffs are available by emailing email@example.com. Information can be provided in the following circumstances:
- The requestor is the customer, or an authorised person who is able to sign on behalf of the customer (e.g. Company Manager)
- The requestor is the current Financially Responsible Market Participant and the request relates to a period of time for which they are responsible for the site
- The customer's written consent has been provided using our Authority to Release Information to Third Parties Form (PDF 88.0 kb).
Information guide for Standard Control Services (SCS) pricing
The 2018-19 Information Guide for Standard Control Services Pricing (PDF 1.1 mb) explains how network tariffs are calculated for all customers on our network.
Price list for Alternative Control Services (ACS)
The 2018-19 Price List for Alternative Control Services (PDF 707.3 kb) and 2018-19 Network Tariffs (XLSX 678.4 kb) sets out the prices and product codes that apply in our electricity distribution area for ACS. A statement outlining the ACS tariff classes and tariffs applicable to each class in included in the price list.
The Price List for ACS is effective from 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019.
The previous 2017-18 version is available via the following link:
Our Connection Policy (PDF 580.0 kb) provides details of how we determine the capital contribution to be paid when a customer applies for a connection to our network. The Connection Policy has been approved by the AER.
Application for review
An application for review may be completed by retailers and customers via a PDF or Word (DOCX) form:
You can request a change to:
- National Metering Identifier classification code/customer threshold code
- Network Tariff Code
- Tariff class
- Distribution Loss Factor.
Completed forms should be emailed to MIMS_QESI@ergon.com.au.