Right to Information and Information Privacy
Ergon Energy Corporation Limited (EECL) is a Queensland Government Owned Corporation which operates commercially for and in the public interest.
In accordance with the Right to Information Act 2009 (RTI Act), individuals have a right to apply for access to documents held by EECL and its wholly owned subsidiaries Ergon Energy Telecommunications Pty Ltd and Ergon Energy Queensland Pty Ltd. In respect of Ergon Energy Queensland Pty Ltd Schedule 2, Part 2, section 14 of the RTI Act restricts the application of the RTI Act only to documents that relate to the Community Service Obligations activities of this company.
Individuals also have the right to apply under the Information Privacy Act 2009 (IP Act) for access to and amendment of documents that contain their own personal information. Access to the documents under the RTI Act and IP Act is subject to certain exemptions/or factors that are contrary to the public interest.
- Right to Information and Information Privacy Access Application Form (PDF 330.6 kb)
- Information Privacy Personal Information Amendment Application Form (PDF 227.1 kb)
Right to Information and Information Privacy Enquiries
Enquiries for making application for documents under Right to Information and Privacy legislation only should be directed to:
Right to Information & Privacy Officer
PO Box 264
FORTITUDE VALLEY QLD 4006
Phone: 07 3851 6000
Fax: 07 3851 6610
The Disclosure Log provides access to documents disclosed by Ergon Energy through the Right to Information process by listing summary information such as title, date of release, description - including number of pages and description of the types of documents released. The Disclosure Log provides details of non-personal information released that is considered to be of significant interest to the wider public.
If you would like to access the documents described in the Disclosure Log (PDF 82.0 kb) please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can send a written request to the Right to Information & Privacy Officer.
Right to Information
In accordance with the Right to Information Act (Qld) 2009, Ergon Energy is committed to making accessible to the public the following Classes of Information that the agency has available.
Class of Information
- Directors Code of Conduct (PDF 22.4 kb)
- Directors Audit and Financial Risk Committee Charter (PDF 83.4 kb)
- People Committee Charter (PDF 169.9 kb)
- Internal Audit Charter (PDF 219.3 kb)
- Trading in Securities Policy (PDF 33.0 kb)
- Risk Management Policy (PDF 31.9 kb)
- Compliance Policy (PDF 25.0 kb)
- Disclosure to Shareholders Policy (PDF 23.2 kb)
- Communication Strategy Guidelines (PDF 28.6 kb)