High loads and powerlines
High loads come in all shapes and sizes. If the height of your load or plant exceeds 4.6 metres you are transporting a high load.
Download our Trucking Industry flyer (PDF 878.5 kb) for more information on transporting high loads.
High load transport under overhead powerlines
Any person or company transporting a high load (in excess of 4.6m high) under overhead powerlines must comply with the Electrical Safety Code of Practice 2010 Working Near Overhead and Underground Electric Lines.
It's essential that you submit a Notification to Transport High Load form (DOCX 103.1 kb) to us to notifty of the details of the high load involved, the intended route and the times for transport.
We will need to scope / assess the route to ensure the high load will not contact overhead powerlines.
Before any person or company can transport a high load (in excess of 4.6m high), authorisation to travel must be received in writing from us.
Frequently asked questions
Download our Frequently Asked Questions (PDF 69.6 kb)
The following documents are provided by us as guidance/reference material and the person, worker or PCBU retains responsibility for ensuring that they are meeting their duties under the relevant legislation.
- Electricity Entity Requirements – Working Around Overhead and Underground Electric Lines (PDF 725.9 kb).
- Safety advice request form (PDF 57.3 kb)
- Important notice regarding safety advice (PDF 35.1 kb)
- Decorative painting of Ergon Energy assets (PDF 187.5 kb)
- Order form - Look up and Live Brochures & Stickers