How can we help?
If you are looking for an answer to a question, a great place to start is our frequently asked questions.
You can also make a general enquiry via our online contact form.
Ergon Energy Network is responsible for:
- Building and maintaining the electricity distribution network for regional Queensland
- Ensuring our customers are kept informed of the restoration process for planned and unplanned outages
- Restoring power as safely and quickly as possible, after disasters, cyclones and floods
- Establishing new connections for homes and businesses to the network
- Accommodating connections for new technologies like solar
- Keeping our employees employees and customers safe around electricity
- Reading over 5 million electricity meters each year
- Planning our future electricity network
- Providing information for design and construction contractors, electrical contractors, solar installers and developers.
Our contact phone numbers
Emergencies and faults
|Life-threatening emergencies only||Triple Zero (000) or 13 16 70 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)|
|Faults only||13 22 96 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)|
Remember, extreme weather conditions and other situations may cause telephone lines to be congested or damaged so please be patient.
|General enquiries||13 74 66 (7:00am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday)|
|If calling from outside Australia||+61 7 3069 0800 (7:00am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday)|
|For corporate enquiries||07 3664 4000|
Our phone menu system
Our phone menu system makes it easier for you to reach the right person first and get what you need faster.
When you call any of our customer service enquiry lines, you'll be asked to choose between several numbered options to best describe the main reason for your call.
You can either say the option number, or enter it in your telephone keypad.
You'll then be guided through further options so we can connect you with a representative who can help you with your enquiry.
If you're asked details like your Ergon Energy electricity account number or National Metering Identifier, you'll find these on the front of your bill.
National relay service
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can contact us through the National Relay Service (NRS). To make a relay call through the NRS all you need to do is:
- Contact the NRS via the details on the NRS call numbers webpage
- Give the Ergon Energy number you want to call.
For more information, visit the NRS website.
Translating and interpreting service
If you need assistance from someone in a language other than English, phone 13 74 66 and request the Ergon Energy Network phone number you wish to contact.
Suspected corrupt conduct
If you have a complaint relating to Energy Queensland that involves, or may involve, suspected Corrupt Conduct as defined under the Crime and Corruption Act 2001 (Qld) or a Public Interest Disclosure as defined in the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2010 (Qld), or suspected Modern Slavery as defined under the Modern Slavery Act 2018 (Cth), please call our 24/7 Integrity Line on 1800 822 965 or send details in writing to the following address.
Our mailing address
PO Box 1090
Townsville QLD 4810