Working near overhead and underground powerlines
Working near overhead or underground electric powerlines is dangerous. Every year workers die or suffer serious injury, mostly because safe work practices around electricity have not been applied.
Our safety fact sheets
We have specifically designed industry information on powerline safety for:
- Look Up and Live – Exclusion zones (PDF 604.0 kb)
- Agriculture industry (PDF 1.0 mb)
- Cane industry (PDF 1.2 mb)
- Cotton industry (PDF 1.0 mb)
- Trucking industry (PDF 878.5 kb)
- Building and Construction industries (PDF 1.1 mb)
- Plumbers (PDF 922.1 kb)
- Low-level flying (PDF 921.5 kb)
- Building and Structures near powerlines (PDF 919.1 kb)
- Powerline markers (PDF 1.8 mb)
- Fire and powerlines (PDF 916.9 kb) (only available to download)
- Trees and powerlines (PDF 1.2 mb) (only available to download)
These factsheets are available in Industry packs and can be ordered through our Brochure & sticker order form.
Our safety videos
Check out our safety videos for emergency service personnel, urban and rural workers or view our Look up and Live TV commercial and always Look up and Live.