Terms and conditions
RFDS Customer Base Tour Competition Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter and the prize associated with the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) Customer Base Tour Competition (Competition) forms part of these Terms and Conditions. The Competition is run by Ergon Energy Queensland Pty Ltd ABN 11 121 177 802 (Ergon Energy Retail).
- The Competition commences at 8am on Tuesday 5 October and closes at 5pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on Friday 22 October 2021 (Competition Period). Entries outside the Competition period will not be accepted.
- The Competition is open to Ergon Energy Retail customers with an active Ergon Energy Retail residential or business electricity account.
- Employees of Ergon Energy Retail and its related and associated entities, their immediate families together with agencies and/or companies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter the Competition. For this purpose, immediate family includes, but is not limited to, spouses, defacto spouses, parents, natural or adopted children and siblings (whether natural or adopted by a parent).
- All entries are to be submitted via the entry form attached to the Ergon Energy Retail webpage – www.ergon.com.au/RFDScomp. To be eligible to enter the competition, entrants must complete the entry form, explaining in 100 words or less why they’d like to visit an RFDS base, and which of the eight operational bases in Queensland they’d like to attend a tour of.
- Winners must understand that all efforts to get to the base and attend the tour are at their own expense. Neither Ergon Energy Retail nor the RFDS are responsible for covering any costs associated with attending the base tour, including travel and accommodation to the base of choice.
- Entrants must not infringe any third-party rights or copyright in their entries and the content of their entry must not have been published or used previously in any competition.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By entering the Competition, you release Facebook from any and all liability arising in connection with the Competition.
- Ergon Energy Retail reserves the right to administer the Competition and to alter these terms and conditions (including the prize and winner selection terms) for any reason and at its absolute discretion.
- In no circumstances will Ergon Energy Retail be liable for any loss, damages, loss of profit, revenue, business reputation or opportunity which may be sustained by an entrant, or any other person, in relation to this Competition (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, in connection with the Competition or the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by laws.
Prize and winner selection
- Ergon Energy Retail and the RFDS will review each entry and select a total of three (3) winners of the Competition, based on the entrant’s comments in relation to the reason why they’d like to visit an RFDS base.
- Three winners will receive a tour at their preferred RFDS base in Queensland, with exclusive access to the base’s training facilities and hangar as the planes are being prepared for morning deployment. Each winner will be able to bring up to three family members or friends to share the once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- The winners will be selected by Friday 29 October 2021. Once Ergon Energy Retail has selected the winners, Ergon Energy Retail will seek to contact the participant by either Facebook, telephone or email to verify their information and eligibility. Ergon Energy Retail reserves the right to select an alternative winner if one of the winners cannot be contacted or verified within three (3) working days.
- The tour date may vary without notice due to adverse weather conditions, maintenance activity or other operational restrictions, including COVID.
- The winner consents to having their name published on Ergon Energy Retail’s and the RFDS’ promotional channels, including but not limited to social media, email, media interviews, web and newsletters. All entries become the property of Ergon Energy Retail and may be used for any future promotional and/or marketing purpose.
- Ergon Energy Retail’s decision with respect to the selection of winners is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the Competition, participants will be deemed to have accepted and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- COVIDsafe wellness checks will be carried out on all guests prior to attending the Base tour.
- Photo identification will need to be provided for airport security purposes.
- Closed in shoes must be worn during the RFDS base tour.