Group 3: Load Profile
The Load Control group will simply help us improve our understanding of the load profiles of agricultural customers.
Participants will remain on their current tariffs, with no changes made to their electricity pricing.
The information gathered will be used to gain greater insights into customers’ electricity needs and allow for more advanced tariff analysis to be undertaken.
As a participant in this trial group you will:
- Receive a digital meter that will record energy usage and demand in regular intervals to give you insights into your energy use profile and help you compare tariff options
- Remain on your chosen tariffs for the duration of the trial
- Receive regular reports on your electricity usage and cost comparisons with other tariffs
- Have help to transition to an alternative tariff at the end of the trial, if requested.
The trial will run until 30 June 2019.
To participate in the Load Profile group you must:
- Be a customer of Ergon Retail, classified as ‘small’ (using less than 100MWh/year)
- Currently use Tariff 20, 21, 22, 62, 65 or 66 as your primary tariff
- Have a usage profile that is considered within the ‘normal’ range for similar customers
- Have at least 12 months current site usage data (at that supply point) to enable an initial tariff review
- Have a compliant meter box and switchboard that is suitable for the installation of a digital meter.
Other requirements you will need to agree to include:
- Receiving your bill monthly, via email
- Responding to trial group surveys
- Participating in a short case study if required.
Your meter box and switchboard are likely to be compliant if they were:
- installed after 2005, or
- upgraded to support a solar installation.
If your meter box and switchboard are not already compliant, you’ll need to arrange work prior to the start of the trial to upgrade them to meet current standards at your own expense.
For the period of this trial, you’ll pay no more for meter services charges than an equivalent customer with the same meter/ tariff configuration. Costs for meter services charges beyond July 2017 are yet to be confirmed.
To apply, complete our Agricultural Tariff Trial application form and take photos of your meter box and switchboard to assist us with the selection process.
Please upload your photos (combined in a single .zip file) to the application form, or email them with your name and NMI to email@example.com
Alternatively, you can complete a hardcopy version of the Trial Group 3 application form (PDF 132.1 kb).
Applications must be received by 2 May 2017.
Please make sure you fill in each required section of your application, as incomplete applications cannot be processed.
A site inspection may be needed to confirm your suitability to be part of the trial.
Help and support
Please let us know if you would like more information or help to complete your application.
Phone | 07 3851 6218 from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Email | firstname.lastname@example.org