Barry's Back Competition Terms & Conditions
- Home energy tips
- Win a bill break with Barry
- Barry's Back Competition Terms & Conditions
Read the terms and conditions for entering our Barry's Back Competition.
- Information on how to enter and the prize associated with the Barry the Bill Buster Competition (Competition) forms part of these Terms and Conditions. The Competition is run by Ergon Energy Queensland Pty Ltd ABN 11 121 177 802 (Ergon Energy).
- The Competition commences at 8am on Monday 5 November and closes at 5pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on Friday 30 November 2018 (Competition Period). Entries outside the Competition Period will not be accepted.
- The Competition is open to account holders and authorised representatives 18 years and over with an active Ergon Energy residential electricity account using less than 100 megawatt hours of electricity per year.
- Employees of Ergon Energy and its related and associated entities, their immediate families together with agencies and/or companies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter the Competition. For this purpose, immediate family includes, but is not limited to, spouses, defacto spouses, parents, natural or adopted children and siblings (whether natural or adopted by a parent).
- All entries are to be submitted via the Ergon Energy Retail Facebook page facebook.com/ErgonEnergyRetail. To be eligible to enter the competition, you must perform both of the following tasks:
- like the Ergon Energy Retail Facebook page; and
- comment with your favourite part of Queensland and why on the Ergon Energy Retail Facebook page’s Barry the Bill Buster posts.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By entering the Competition, you release Facebook from any and all liability arising in connection with the Competition.
- Ergon Energy reserves the right to administer the Competition and to alter these terms and conditions (including the prize and winner selection terms) for any reason and at its absolute discretion.
- In no circumstances will Ergon Energy be liable for any loss, damages, loss of profit, revenue, business reputation or opportunity which may be sustained by an entrant, or any other person, in relation to this Competition.
Prize and winner selection
- Ergon Energy will select a total of four (4) winners of the Competition, based on the creativity of their comments in relation to their favourite part of Queensland and why. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- Each winner will receive a credit to their Ergon Energy electricity account, to the lesser of:
- the electricity charges (including GST) on the winner’s most recent quarterly Ergon Energy bill, or where the customer receives monthly bills, the cumulative total of the bills for the 3 months prior to the competition closing date; or
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
- The winning amount will be credited by Ergon Energy towards the winner’s Ergon Energy bill as determined by Ergon Energy, to be offset against any charges payable to Ergon Energy.
- In circumstances where a winner’s account is in credit, the winner can elect to receive the prize amount by way of cheque or direct deposit.
- In respect of customers who have approved inverter energy systems installed at their premises and who are eligible for the Solar Bonus Scheme or solar feed-in tariff for regional Queensland (Solar Customer), the amount will be credited towards the Solar Customer’s consumption and/or other charges as set out in the Ergon Energy bill.
- The winners will be selected by Friday 14 December 2018. Once it has selected the winners, Ergon Energy will seek to contact the participant by either Facebook, telephone or email to verify their information and eligibility. Ergon Energy reserves the right to select an alternative winner if one of the winners cannot be contacted or verified a participant within three (3) working days.
- The winner will be liable for all other expenses that are not specified in the prize details above.
- The winner consents to having their name published on Ergon Energy's Retail promotional channels, including but not limited to social media, email, web and newsletters.
- Ergon Energy’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.