Barry Energy Investigator Competition Terms & Conditions
- Home energy tips
- Win a bill break with Barry
- Barry Energy Investigator Competition Terms & Conditions
Read the terms and conditions for entering our Barry Energy Investigator Competition.
- Information on how to enter and the prize associated with the Barry Energy Investigator Competition (Competition) forms part of these Terms and Conditions. The Competition is run by Ergon Energy Queensland Pty Ltd ABN 11 121 177 802 (Ergon Energy).
- The Competition commences at 8am on Monday 9 September and closes at 5pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on Friday 4 October 2019 (Competition Period). Entries outside the Competition Period will not be accepted.
- The Competition is open to account holders and authorised representatives 18 years and over with an active Ergon Energy residential electricity account using less than 100 megawatt hours of electricity per year.
- Employees of Ergon Energy and its related and associated entities, their immediate families together with agencies and/or companies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter the Competition. For this purpose, immediate family includes, but is not limited to, spouses, defacto spouses, parents, natural or adopted children and siblings (whether natural or adopted by a parent).
- All entries are to be submitted via the Ergon Energy Retail Facebook page www.facebook.com/ErgonEnergyRetail. To be eligible to enter the competition, you must perform both of the following tasks:
- like the Ergon Energy Retail Facebook page; and
- comment on the Ergon Energy Retail Facebook page’s Barry the Bill Buster posts with details of how the entrant has busted an energy sucker.
- Entrants must not infringe any third party rights or copyright in their entries and the content of their entry must not have been published or used previously in any competition.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By entering the Competition, you release Facebook from any and all liability arising in connection with the Competition.
- Ergon Energy reserves the right to administer the Competition and to alter these terms and conditions (including the prize and winner selection terms) for any reason and at its absolute discretion.
- In no circumstances will Ergon Energy be liable for any loss, damages, loss of profit, revenue, business reputation or opportunity which may be sustained by an entrant, or any other person, in relation to this Competition (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, in connection with the Competition or the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by laws.
Prize and winner selection
- Ergon Energy will review each entry and select a total of four (4) winners of the Competition, based on the creativity of the entrant’s comments in relation to how they’ve busted an energy sucker. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- Each winner will receive a credit to their Ergon Energy electricity account, to the lesser of:
- the electricity charges (including GST) on the winner’s most recent quarterly Ergon Energy bill, or where the customer receives monthly bills, the cumulative total of the bills for the 3 months prior to the competition closing date; or
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
- Subject to clause 14 and 15, the prize amount referred to in clause 11 will be credited by Ergon Energy towards the winner’s Ergon Energy bill as determined by Ergon Energy, to be offset against any charges payable to Ergon Energy.
- In respect of customers who have approved inverter energy systems installed at their premises and who are eligible for the Solar Bonus Scheme or solar feed-in tariff for regional Queensland (Solar Customer), the prize amount referred to in clause 11 will be credited towards the Solar Customer’s consumption and/or other charges as set out in the Ergon Energy bill.
- In circumstances where a winner’s account is in credit, the winner can elect to receive the prize amount by way of cheque or direct deposit.
- The winners will be selected by Friday 18 October 2019. Once Ergon Energy has selected the winners, Ergon Energy will seek to contact the participant by either Facebook, telephone or email to verify their information and eligibility. Ergon Energy reserves the right to select an alternative winner if one of the winners cannot be contacted or verified within three (3) working days.
- The winner will be liable for all other expenses that are not specified in the prize details above.
- The winner consents to having their name published on Ergon Energy's Retail promotional channels, including but not limited to social media, email, web and newsletters. All entries become the property of Ergon Energy and may be used for any future promotional and/or marketing purpose.
- Ergon Energy’s decision with respect to the selection of winners is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition, participants will be deemed to have accepted and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.