Competition Terms and Conditions
Here you will find all our competition terms and conditions.
12 Days of Christmas
Twelve Days of Christmas competition Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter and the prize associated with the Twelve Days of Christmas competition (Competition) forms part of these Terms and Conditions. The Competition is conducted by Ergon Energy Queensland Pty Ltd ABN 11 121 177 802 (Ergon Energy Retail).
- The Competition commences at 8am on Tuesday 1 December and closes at 5pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on Tuesday 22 December 2020 (Competition Period). Entries outside the Competition Period will not be accepted.
- The Competition is open to account holders with a current Ergon Energy Retail residential electricity account.
- Employees of Ergon Energy Retail and its related and associated entities, their immediate families together with agencies and/or companies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter the Competition. For this purpose, immediate family includes, but is not limited to, spouses, defacto spouses, parents, natural or adopted children and siblings (whether natural or adopted by a parent).
- To enter the Competition, an eligible account holder must, during the Competition Period, sign up to receive their Ergon Energy Retail residential account via e-Bill, either through the My Account portal or via a direct link contained within the electronic direct marketing sent to customers.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or prepaid Mastercard gift card. By entering the Competition, you release Facebook from any and all liability arising in connection with the Competition.
- Ergon Energy Retail reserves the right to administer the Competition and to alter these terms and conditions (including the prize and winner selection terms) for any reason and at its absolute discretion.
- In no circumstances will Ergon Energy Retail be liable for any loss, damages, loss of profit, revenue, business reputation or opportunity which may be sustained by an entrant, or any other person, in relation to this Competition (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, in connection with the Competition or the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
Prize and winner selection
- Twelve winners will be randomly drawn using a digital randomiser tool from the pool of eligible entrants who have met the entry requirements for the Competition.
- Each winner will receive a $100 prepaid Mastercard gift card which will be posted to their nominated address.
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
- The winners will be selected by 23 December, 2020. Once Ergon Energy Retail has selected the winners, Ergon Energy Retail will seek to contact the participant by either Facebook, telephone or email to verify their information, eligibility and postal address for the prepaid Mastercard gift card to be sent to them. Ergon Energy Retail reserves the right to select an alternative winner in a further random draw if one of the winners cannot be contacted or verified within one working day.
- The winner will be liable for all other expenses that are not specified in the prize details above.
- The winner consents to having their name published on Ergon Energy Retail’s promotional channels, including but not limited to social media, email, web and newsletters. All entries become the property of Ergon Energy Retail and may be used for any future promotional and/or marketing purpose.
- Ergon Energy Retail’s decision with respect to the selection of winners is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition, participants will be deemed to have accepted and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Ergon Energy Retail is collecting your personal information for the purpose of administering the Twelve Days of Christmas competition. This collection is protected under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Your personal information will not be passed on to any other third parties, unless authorised or required by law or with your consent. By entering the Twelve Days of Christmas competition, you expressly consent to the disclosure of your name on Ergon Energy Retail’s promotional channels, including but not limited to social media, email, web and newsletters. If you do not provide all or some of the information, we may not be able to enter you into the competition.