Burrum Heads substation
The Burrum Heads substation project has now been deferred. This is due to a levelling in the demand for electricity in the Burrum Heads community.
We will continue to monitor the need for the project and will inform the community once there is a need for the substation to be constructed.
- A future substation site was purchased and is located on the approach to the Burrum Heads township, before the new SES shed.
- The substation will be developed in stages as demand for electricity grows in line with the population in the community.
- The substation will be developed in stages, initially with a generator which will support the network at times of peak demand, mainly during holiday periods.
- As the township grows, Ergon Energy will build a substation with a single 10MVA transformer. The design will allow the capacity to be upgraded as load increases to a final configuration of two 32MVA transformers if required
- The substation will eventually be connected to the network through a high-voltage powerline to the Toogoom substation site. A line route under investigation follows the main roads for most of the distance.
Our community engagement goal and promise
We aim to provide you with balanced and objective information to assist you in understanding the need for this project, our proposed solution and how it may affect you.