Decorating poles and assets

Are you interested in decorating one of our assets such as a pole, pillar and or pad-mount transformer?

Artists are required to apply for the opportunity to paint our assets. Read on for how to apply.

Who can apply?

Anyone can apply to decorate an asset. If you'd like to apply there a few steps artists are required to complete, including:

  • Contact your relevant local council to comply with their specific public artwork guidelines
  • Ensure you have the appropriate insurance to undertake the work
  • Have your design endorsed by us.

How to apply?

  1. Complete the application form Artwork on an Ergon Energy Assets Application Deed Poll (PDF 276.2 kb).
  2. Check in with the relevant local council They'll have the do’s and dont's of public artworks in their area and provide you with a written endorsement.
  3. Attach the written endorsement The relevant local council approval of the artwork must be attached to your application.
  4. Seek independent legal advice It's your responsibility when entering into any agreement, including a deed poll to to ensure you have the right advice.
  5. Scan and email the application Ensure you include the written relevant local council endorsement and send to

When can work start?

When your complete application has been submitted, (including completed deed poll document and evidence of relevant local council approval of your artwork) you're able to commence work.