Our Regulatory Proposals
To ensure we manage the electricity distribution network efficiently for our customers, we are regulated under the National Electricity Rules (NER) by the Australian Energy Regulator (AER). The AER determines the revenue we are allowed and what we can charge customers to use our distribution network.
These are set in five-year periods, with our next regulatory period starting on 1 July 2020.
2020-25 Regulatory Proposal
In January 2019 we provided the AER with our 2020-25 Regulatory Proposal, which includes our future investment plans and a range of other proposals. We’ve also submitted our Tariff Structure Statement, detailing our proposed network charges for customers. These proposals will help the AER to decide our revenue and customer charges for the five year period.
The AER is currently considering our proposals and undertaking its own consultation. You can also have your say by emailing us. Their final decision on our allowed operating and capital expenditure for the 2020-25 period will shape Queensland’s energy future, and determine how we charge customers for the use of our electricity network.
Find out more about our 2020-25 Regulatory Proposal and read the documents on our Talking Energy website.
2015-20 Regulatory Proposal
In October 2015 the AER made its final decision regarding our allowed revenue for the period July 2015 to June 2020.
This decision gave us our allowed operating and capital expenditure budgets for the five year regulatory period, which are currently influencing our network investment program detailed in our Distribution Annual Planning Report.
The aim of our 2015-20 investment program has been to give our customers 'peace of mind' by providing a safe, dependable electricity service and greater customer choice and control, for the best possible price.
The way customers use the network is changing and we are responding to that in our service commitments.
Read more about our service commitments to customers
- Our goal is for our safety performance to stand with the best in our industry…to be Always Safe.
- We'll maintain recent overall improvements in power supply reliability… and continue to improve the experience of customers who are suffering outages well outside our standards.
- We'll be there after the storm, prepared and with the resources to respond to whatever Mother Nature delivers.
- We'll meet our guaranteed services commitments. If we don't, we'll pay you.
Choice and control
- We're looking to the future – and evolving the network to best support customer choice in economic electricity supply solutions.
- We'll make it easier for you to contact us, whether by phone, Facebook, or Twitter, and provide you with the information you need, when and how you need it.
- We'll play our part in powering the economy by making it easier to connect to the network.
For the best possible price
- After reducing charges for the use of our network in 2015-16, we're targeting to keep charges overall at 2014-15 levels for the remaining four years to 2020.
Peace of mind