Land Access Protocol
Ergon Energy's Land Access Protocol has been developed to provide landholders and other stakeholders with clear information on Ergon Energy's standards and commitments when accessing land to carry out its responsibilities as a Distribution Network Service Provider.
The Land Access Protocol applies to the accessing of land during the planning, investigation and acquisition phase of the development of a new substation or distribution lines above 66 kilovolts. It applies until easement conditions are in place with a landholder or the land is acquired.
The purpose of this Land Access Protocol is to:
- Detail the standards and commitments Ergon Energy and its representatives or contractors will adhere to when accessing land. This includes:
- the Guiding Principles for Land Access which underpin Ergon Energy's relationship with landholders and our access to and use of land; and
- any additional property specific information, rules and entry conditions agreed between Ergon Energy and the landholders
- Support open and transparent communication and understanding between Ergon Energy and landholders
- Provide discussion prompts for collaboration during the engagement process between Ergon Energy and landholders
- Fairly and equitably safeguard the interests of landholders whilst providing Ergon Energy with the access to land needed to meet its business requirements
- Ensure consistency in Ergon Energy's activities in relation to land access and the expectations set under the Queensland Government's Land Access Code.
Read Ergon Energy's Land Access Protocol (PDF 218.7 kb)