Environment & Cultural Heritage
Our Environment and Cultural Heritage Policy pledges our commitment to minimising our impact on the environment and maintaining cultural heritage values.
This means our people will:
- Meet legal requirements and progress beyond compliance to innovation and excellence and drive continual improvement in management of health, safety, environment and cultural heritage
- Protect the environment by preventing pollution and preserving biodiversity
- Build a sustainable future through safe, efficient and sustainable energy solutions and natural resource management
- Respect and protect all forms of indigenous and non-indigenous heritage
- Understand and manage health, safety, environmental and cultural heritage risks during all phases of their work
- Take action if they see any act or situation that may result in harm to people, the community, the environment or cultural heritage
- Engage collaboratively to effectively communicate and improve our health, safety, environment and cultural heritage performance.
To meet our obligations under the Act, we have a range of measures integrated into our normal work procedures to help preserve our biodiversity, protecting our economy, environment and the community.