Residential terms and conditions
This information forms the eligibility criteria for the Ergon Energy Residential Incentives Program cashback offer for residential customers.
In order to qualify for cashback incentives payments, applicants must fully comply with all eligibility requirements in these Terms and Conditions. Final decisions regarding the program's cashback incentive offer eligibility will be made by Ergon Energy and based on the information you have provided with your application and any further documentation associated with your claim.
As the applicant, you acknowledge that:
- you own, occupy, or are applying on behalf of, and with the approval of, a third party that owns or occupies a premises within the Ergon Energy electricity distribution network area which is in an area of network constraint and for which a cashback incentive is available
- you may apply for cashback incentive offers by applying for a direct incentive payment. Under either of these methods, your application for payment must be accompanied by tax invoices/proof of purchase which clearly state that you have purchased the applicable goods or services
- the cashback incentive payments are part of the Ergon Energy Residential Incentives Program and are not available as a point of sale discount or payable directly to service providers or retailers
- cashback incentive payments will be made to the person applying via the Ergon Energy website and who provides the relevant tax invoices/proof of purchase
- Ergon Energy reserves the right to alter the Offer Conditions at any time at its discretion, including withdrawing some or all incentive offers where program targets or budgets have been met. Applicants should confirm incentive program offerings on the relevant residential cashback incentives page prior to incurring expenditure
- applicants may be required to repay any cashback incentives paid if any of the offer conditions are found to have been breached
- by law, electrical work must be carried out by a licensed Electrical Contractor. For your own safety, you should not alter or attempt your own electrical work on any of your appliances
- by law, installation of air conditioning systems must be carried out by a licensed Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
- you agree that in no circumstances will Ergon Energy be liable for any loss, damages, loss of profit, revenue, business reputation or opportunity which may be sustained by you in relation to the actual or purported implementation of any energy saving device or Ergon Energy's rejection of any cashback incentive application
- you understand that if you are unsure about any of the information provided, it is your responsibility to contact Ergon Energy to obtain advice
- involvement in this program does not alter or affect the terms and conditions of your existing Standard Retail Contract (or the tariff rates for electricity supplied under that contract) or your existing Standard Connection Contract
- Ergon Energy is collecting and using your personal information for the purposes of assessing your Ergon Energy Residential Incentives Program Cashback Claim and to provide you with a cashback incentive payment if you are a successful applicant. If you do not provide all of the required personal information we may not be able to assess your application.
- As an Applicant, your information may be provided to:
- your local government/council;
- the Queensland State Government; and
- external market research companies to conduct customer research.
You consent to the use of your personal information as set out in this Agreement. You are entitled to access any personal information that Ergon Energy holds about you by contacting us on 13 74 66. You can also view our Privacy Statement.
- you must allow Ergon Energy reasonable access to the premises to assess your application and eligibility, if required. Ergon Energy may in its absolute discretion not accept an application for a cashback incentive claim if it is concerned with its legitimacy, and
- you are required to maintain the demand management goods and/or services incentivised and installed as part of this program in good operational and working order at the premises for a period of no less than 5 years from the date payment is made in respect of this application. Should you not comply with this condition, Ergon Energy reserves the right to require any cashback incentives paid under this application to be repaid to it, on a pro-rata basis.
- Incentives available, including any specific conditions/eligibility for each incentive are listed on the relevant Residential cashback incentives program page
- Participating customers may only claim for cashback incentives listed under the relevant Ergon Energy Residential Incentives Program page
- No cashback incentives claims can be made for measures that are required by law to be carried out as part of construction of a new dwelling
- If you have already claimed other cashback incentives/rebates you are not eligible for any further payments for these items under the Ergon Incentives Program, even if it appears on your personalised Home Energy Savings Report
- Premises that are commercial, industrial or business locations do not qualify for the Ergon Energy Residential Incentives Program.
- You, Your, Applicant - means the person who applies for a cashback incentive and agrees to the Offer Conditions
- Ergon Energy, We, Us, Our - means Ergon Energy Corporation Limited ABN 50 087 646 062, and its employees, contractors and agents
- Offer Conditions - means the conditions upon which Ergon Energy makes the cashback incentive offers available
- Standard Connection Contract - means the deemed contract between Ergon Energy and the Applicant under which Ergon Energy permits the Applicant to connect their premises to and receive a supply of electricity from the Ergon Energy network
- Standard Retail Contract - means the deemed contract between Ergon Energy Queensland Pty Ltd (Ergon Energy Retail) and the Applicant for the sale of electricity
- Tariff 33 - means a controlled supply tariff that is made available for a minimum of 18 hours per day as specified in the tariff schedule in the Queensland Government Gazette.