PeakSmart for retailers & installers
PeakSmart helps us manage peak demand on the electricity network. We’re offering cashbacks to customers located in eligible areas and we’ll pay you to install PeakSmart air conditioners or to convert existing PeakSmart air conditioners to PeakSmart Active.
Retailer / installer registration
Air conditioning retailers and installers must register to participate in the expanded PeakSmart program. Registration allows you to earn cashback when your customers make a successful cashback claim (see below for more information on retailer / installer cashbacks).
Register now via the form below. Make sure you have your ABN and bank account details handy. EFT cashback payments will be made into the bank account details you provide.
We’re holding information forums in November for air conditioning retailers and installers to tell you how the program works, including what cashbacks are available to you and your customers. You can also register for the program and pick up some PeakSmart point-of-sale materials including flyers, posters and wobblers.
Turn up anytime between 3pm to 6pm to find out more about PeakSmart.
|Hervey Bay registration||Monday 13 November 2017||Fraser Room, Oceans Resort & Spa, 571 Charlton Esplanade|
|Bundaberg registration||Tuesday 14 November 2017||Postmaster Room, The Generator, Lvl 1, 155A Bourbong St|
|Gladstone registration||Wednesday 15 November 2017||Connors 1&2, Gladstone Events Centre, Cnr Wood & Bell Sts|
|Rockhampton registration||Thursday 16 November 2017||Fitzroy Room, Quest Rockhampton, 48 Victoria Parade|
|Cairns registration||Monday 20 November 2017||Quetta Room, Cairns Sheridan Hotel, 295 Sheridan St|
|Townsville registration||Wednesday 22 November 2017||The Boardroom, Townsville RSL, 139 Charters Towers Rd|
|Mackay registration||Thursday 23 November 2017||Reef Room, Souths Leagues Club, 181 Milton St|
|Toowoomba registration||Monday 27 November||Old Toll Bar, Toowoomba Motel and Events Centre, 2 Burnage St|
Customers located in an eligible area can get up to $500 cashback when they install a PeakSmart air conditioner OR have their existing air conditioner converted to PeakSmart Active. (Please note the cashback offer is not available on air conditioners already connected to an economy tariff like Tariff 33 Economy):
- $150 cashback – 2 kW to 5 kW cooling capacity
- $250 cashback – >5 kW to 10 kW cooling capacity
- $500 cashback – >10 kW and above cooling capacity
From 1 December 2017 the PeakSmart program is expanding across our network 1 and the cashback incentives will change to:
- $100 cashback – less than 4kW cooling capacity
- $200 cashback – >4kw and less than 10kW cooling capacity
- $400 cashback – >10kW cooling capacity.
The new offers apply to applications submitted from 1 December 2017.
Retailer/ installer cashbacks
Once approved, we’ll pay you for carrying out the installation or conversion:
- $50 cashback - for each new PeakSmart air conditioner installed
- $50 cashback – for each previously installed PeakSmart Ready air conditioner fitted with a signal receiver and converted to PeakSmart Active.
PeakSmart air conditioners have been around since 2011. So it’s likely there are customers in eligible areas that already have a PeakSmart Ready air conditioner installed at their property. We’re offering the same cashback incentives to customers who convert these previously installed air conditioners to PeakSmart Active as we are for new PeakSmart installations. And once approved, installers earn $50 cashback to convert these air conditioners to PeakSmart Active.
Claiming your incentive
- After completing the installation, complete a PeakSmart installation form (PDF 64.8 kb) and give it to the customer (you can apply for up to 5 air conditioners on the one form). Make sure you nominate on the job sheet who gets the incentive – the retailer or the installer
- The customer then submits their application online (Note: you can submit this application on behalf of the customer if you have their permission and know their National Metering Identifier NMI)
- At the end of each quarter, we’ll email you with a summary of your cashback payments that have been approved. To enable payment to be made, we’ll then need you to issue an invoice to us for the approved amount
- We’ll then pay you via EFT (cashback incentives are paid quarterly).
Ordering PeakSmart signal receivers
A signal receiver must be fitted to an air conditioner to make it PeakSmart Active. Its fitted either at the same time the air conditioner is installed or later as a retrofit, and only takes around 5 to 10 minutes to fit. Here's a full list of PeakSmart models.
The signal receiver can also be retrofitted to a previously installed PeakSmart capable air conditioner. The signal receiver can respond to Audio Frequency Load Control (AFLC) signals sent through the electricity network (similar to economy tariff control of hot water systems and pool pumps etc). The signal temporarily reduces the compressor’s electricity consumption.
We provide the signal receivers for FREE. Installation is similar for most air conditioner brands using the Installers Manual (PDF 699.7 kb) provided by TMAC. Most air conditioner manufacturers have also developed their own installation instructions which are available to download below.
Different PeakSmart signal receivers are used across our network. So installers need to make sure they fit the correct signal receiver for their customers location. If the wrong signal receiver is installed we won’t be able to control the air conditioner during a PeakSmart event and the customers cashback application may be rejected. The Signal receiver factsheet (PDF 906.2 kb) will help you to determine which signal receivers are required for your location.
Before you can order your signal receivers you'll need to register for the program using the form above.
Order flyers, posters and wobblers
We’ve got flyers, posters, wobblers and a pocket guide to help you promote PeakSmart. Email email@example.com or call 1300 550 766, between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, to request your hard copy stock or PDFs.
- PeakSmart pocket guide (PDF 586.1 kb)
- PeakSmart flyer (PDF 183.9 kb)
- PeakSmart poster $200 A4 (PDF 137.3 kb)
- PeakSmart poster $200 A3 (PDF 147.0 kb)
- PeakSmart poster $400 A4 (PDF 140.5 kb)
- PeakSmart poster $400 A3 (PDF 150.1 kb)
- PeakSmart wobbler $100 (PDF 603.8 kb)
- PeakSmart wobbler $200 (PDF 602.0 kb)
- Including customers in Mount Isa but excluding other customers on isolated networks and some end of grid areas where PeakSmart air conditioning is not compatible.