PeakSmart for suppliers & installers
PeakSmart helps us manage peak demand on the electricity network. We’re offering cashbacks to customers located in eligible areas and we’ll pay you to install PeakSmart air conditioners or to convert existing PeakSmart air conditioners to PeakSmart Active.
Customers located in an eligible area can get up to $500 cashback when they install a PeakSmart air conditioner OR have their existing air conditioner converted to PeakSmart Active. (Please note the cashback offer is not available on air conditioners already connected to an economy tariff like Tariff 33 Economy):
- $150 cashback – 2 kW to 5 kW cooling capacity
- $250 cashback – >5 kW to 10 kW cooling capacity
- $500 cashback – >10 kW and above cooling capacity
Supplier/ installer cashbacks
Once approved, we’ll pay you for carrying out the installation or conversion:
- $50 cashback - for each new PeakSmart air conditioner installed
- $50 or $100 cashback – for each previously installed PeakSmart Ready air conditioner fitted with a signal receiver and converted to PeakSmart Active.
PeakSmart air conditioners have been around since 2011. So it’s likely there are customers in eligible areas that already have a PeakSmart Ready air conditioner installed at their property. We’re offering the same cashback incentives to customers who convert these previously installed air conditioners to PeakSmart Active as we are for new PeakSmart installations. And once approved, suppliers/installers earn $50 to $100 cashback to convert these air conditioners to PeakSmart Active. For more information see the PeakSmart Conversion Factsheet (PDF 29.0 kb).
Claiming your incentive
- After completing the installation, complete a PeakSmart Job Sheet (PDF 93.8 kb) and give it to the customer (one Job Sheet for each PeakSmart air conditioner installed). Make sure you nominate on the job sheet who gets the incentive – the supplier or the installer
- The customer then submits their application online (Note: you can submit this application on behalf of the customer)
- At the end of each month, we’ll email you with a summary of your cashback payments that have been approved. To enable payment to be made, we’ll then need you to issue an invoice to us for the approved amount
- We’ll then pay you via EFT (cashback incentives are paid monthly).
PeakSmart signal receivers are FREE!
To make an air conditioner PeakSmart Active, a signal receiver is fitted to the air conditioner either at the same time the air conditioner is installed or later as a retrofit. Installation of a signal receiver takes around 5 to 10 minutes. Here's a full list of PeakSmart capable models.
The signal receiver can also be retrofitted to a previously installed PeakSmart capable air conditioner. The signal receiver can respond to Audio Frequency Load Control (AFLC) signals sent through the electricity network (similar to economy tariff control of hot water systems and pool pumps etc). The signal temporarily reduces the compressor’s electricity consumption.
We provide the signal receivers for FREE. Installation is similar for most air conditioner brands using the Installers Manual (PDF 699.7 kb) provided by TMAC. Most air conditioner manufacturers have also developed their own installation instructions which are available to download below. Signal receivers can be ordered by calling us on 1300 550 766 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
There's more information about how PeakSmart air conditioning works on our PeakSmart webpage. The following documents provide more detailed information about PeakSmart, supplier/installer incentives and the supplier/installer incentive application process that you can download and share with your staff: