Residential terms and conditions
- Manage your energy
- Incentives programs
- Townsville North West
- Residential terms and conditions
This information forms the eligibility criteria for the Townsville North West Incentives Program cashback incentive offer for residential customers.
In order to qualify for cashback incentives payments, applicants must fully comply with all eligibility requirements in these Terms and Conditions. Final decisions regarding the program's cashback incentive offer eligibility will be made by Ergon Energy and based on the information you have provided with your application and any further documentation associated with your claim.
As the applicant you acknowledge that you:
- Own, occupy, or are applying on behalf of, and with the approval of, a third party that owns or occupies a premises within the Ergon Energy electricity distribution network area which is in an area of network constraint and for which a cashback incentive is available
- Apply for cashback incentive offers by applying for a direct incentive payment, or by undertaking a Home Energy Survey. Under either of these methods, your application for payment must be accompanied by tax invoices/proof of purchase which clearly state that you have purchased the applicable goods or services
- Acknowledge that the cashback incentive payments are part of the Townsville North West Ergon Incentives Program and are not available as a point of sale discount or payable directly to service providers or retailers
- Acknowledge that cashback incentive payments will be made by cheque only and will be made payable to the person applying via the Ergon Energy website and who provides the relevant tax invoices/proof of purchase
- Acknowledge Ergon Energy reserves the right to alter the Offer Conditions at any time at its discretion, including withdrawing some or all incentive offers where program targets or budgets have been met. Applicants should confirm program incentive offerings on the Residential cashback incentives page prior to incurring expenditure
- Acknowledge applicants may be required to repay any cashback incentives paid if any of the offer conditions are found to have been breached
- Acknowledge that by law, electrical work must be carried out by a licensed Electrical Contractor. For your own safety, you should not alter or attempt your own electrical work on any of your appliances
- Acknowledge that by law, installation of air conditioning systems must be carried out by a licensed Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Agree that in no circumstances will Ergon Energy be liable for any loss, damages, loss of profit, revenue, business reputation or opportunity which may be sustained by you in relation to the actual or purported implementation of any energy saving device or Ergon Energy's rejection of any cashback incentive application
- Understand that if you are unsure about any of the information provided, it is the responsibility of the participant to contact Ergon Energy to obtain advice
- Acknowledge that involvement in this program does not alter or affect the terms and conditions of your existing Standard Retail Contract (or the tariff rates for electricity supplied under that contract) or your existing Standard Connection Contract with Ergon Energy
- Acknowledge that Ergon Energy is collecting and using your personal information for the purposes of assessing your Townsville North West Ergon Incentives Program Cashback Claim and to provide cashback incentive payments to successful applicants. If you do not provide all of the required personal information we may not be able to assess your application. Your personal information will not be disclosed to any third parties, unless authorised by you or required by law. You are entitled to access any personal information that Ergon Energy holds about you by contacting us on 13 74 66. You can also View our Privacy Statement
- Applicants must allow Ergon Energy reasonable access to the premises to assess their application and eligibility, if required. Ergon Energy may in its absolute discretion not accept an application for a cashback incentive claim if it is concerned with its legitimacy
- Are required to maintain, in good operational and working order, the demand management goods and/or services incentivised and installed as part of this program, at the premises, for a period of no less than 5 years from the date payment is made in respect of this application. Should you not comply with this condition, Ergon reserves the right to require any cashback incentives paid under this application to be repaid to it, on a pro-rata basis.
- Incentives available, including any specific conditions/eligibility for each incentive are listed on the Residential cashback incentives page
- Participating customers may only claim for cashback incentives listed under the Townsville North West Ergon Incentives Program incentive list available on the Residential cashback incentives page or on their personalised Home Energy Savings Report
- No cashback incentives claims can be made for measures that are required by law to be carried out as part of construction of a new dwelling
- If you have already claimed other cashback incentives/rebates via the Ergon Energy Save a Bomb offer or Tariff 33 Cashback Offer, you are not eligible for any further payments for these items under the Townsville North West Ergon Incentives Program, even if it appears on your personalised Home Energy Savings Report
- Premises that are commercial, industrial or business locations do not qualify.
- Customer, You, Your, Applicant, Participant - means the person who applies for a cashback incentive and agrees to the Offer Conditions
- Electricity Account - means the electricity sale contract between Ergon Energy and the Customer
- Ergon Energy, We, Us, Our - means Ergon Energy Corporation Limited ABN 50 087 646 062, and its employees, contractors and agents
- Offer Conditions - means the conditions upon which Ergon Energy makes the cashback incentive offers available
- Tariff 33 - means a controlled supply tariff that is made available for a minimum of 18 hours per day as specified in the tariff schedule in the Queensland Government Gazette.