New home cashback incentives
- Manage your energy
- Incentives programs
- Townsville North West
- New home cashback incentives
If you're building a new home in an eligible area, do ALL of the following to make your new home more energy efficient and you could save on your power bill and be eligible for $1,000 cashback.
- Air conditioning Install PeakSmart air conditioning units1 and make PeakSmart Active.
- Hot water Install one of the following hot water systems:
- Electric (250 litre or more connected to Economy Tariff 31 or 33 or equivalent approved control)
- Solar with electric booster (300 litre or more connected to Economy Tariff 33 or equivalent approved control)
- Heat pump (270 litre connected to Economy Tariff 33 or equivalent approved control)
- Gas (only for applications received by 31 December 2017).
- Pool filtration (if swimming pool installed) Connect your pool pump to Economy Tariff 33 and/or install an energy efficient variable speed pool pump (minimum 5 stars).
- Home energy rating Your home must meet a minimum of 7 Stars (or equivalent) when assessed under the building energy rating scheme recognised under the Queensland Development Code.
- Lighting Install energy efficient lighting (LED or CFL) in all the main living areas.
What do I do next?
Please provide a letter from your builder or building certifier, on their business letterhead, stating the following:
- Address of house
- Copy of the Star Rating certification to confirm that a minimum of 7 Stars (or equivalent) rating has been achieved
- Make and model number of air conditioners installed
- Type and size of hot water system installed and confirmation its connected to an economy tariff or equivalent approved control (if applicable)
- If applicable, confirmation that pool pump is connected to Economy Tariff 33 and/or an energy efficient variable speed pool pump (minimum 5 stars) has been installed
- Confirmation that all lighting in the main living areas is energy efficient (LED or CFL).
Please also provide a completed PeakSmart job sheet (PDF 93.8 kb) from your builder or installer for each PeakSmart air conditioner installed.
New home energy efficiency tips
For more information on how to make your new home more energy efficient, please check out Renovating and building where you'll find loads of tips on orientation, eaves, trees and shading, room positioning and zoning, insulation and much more. You can also download our Energy sense home booklet (PDF 4.9 mb).
For more information about this program, please call us on 1300 977 421 between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PeakSmart air conditioner must comply with AS 4755.3.1. A PeakSmart receiver (supplied free of charge by Ergon Energy) must be fitted by a licensed electrical contractor.