Residential cashback incentives
- Manage your energy
- Incentives programs
- Mackay North Beaches
- Residential cashback incentives
Complete any of the actions in the table below to make your home more energy efficient and you can apply for cashback incentives.
|Install a PeakSmart Active air conditioner, or convert your existing PeakSmart Ready air conditioner to PeakSmart Active||Reduce upfront consts|| $100 – less than 4kW cooling capacity |
$200 – >4kw and less than 10kW cooling capacity
$400 – >10kW cooling capacity
|Air conditioner cannot be connected to Tariff 33. Air conditioner must comply with AS 4755.3.1. PeakSmart receiver must be fitted by licensed contractor|
Supplier / installers invoice showing model number, capacity, and that a PeakSmart receiver has been fitted to the air conditioner and completed PeakSmart Air Conditioner Installation Form (PDF 64.8 kb).
For cashback claims for conversion of a previously installed PeakSmart capable air-conditioner to become PeakSmart Active, only the completed PeakSmart Air Conditioner Installation Form is required.
|Change your existing electric or electric heat pump hot water system to an economy tariff||Save between 19% and 41% on electricity running costs||$150||Existing hot water systems on tariff 11 only, new hot water systems not eligible. Must comply with hot water tank sizing guidelines4||Electrical contractors invoice with details to confirm electric hot water system or electric heat pump hot water system has been changed to an economy tariff|
|Change your fixed speed pool pump to Economy Tariff 33||Save up to 15% on electricity running costs.||$250||Must be converting existing fixed speed pool (not variable speed)||Electrical contractors invoice with details to confirm pool pump changed to Economy Tariff 33|
|Upgrade to a minimum 5-star energy efficient pool pump3||Save up to 80% on electricity running costs||$200||5-star variable speed pool pump or better. Must be replacing fixed speed pool pump. Existing pools only, new pools not eligible||Supplier/installers invoice with details to confirm pool pump changed from fixed speed to minimum 5-star pool pump|
Please note: If a new meter is required at your premises to change to an economy tariff for one of the above actions, you may be charged an upfront meter charge by your electricity retailer. This charge will appear on your next electricity bill after the new meter has been installed. If your cashback incentive claim is approved we will also send you a cheque for the meter costs you incurred. You should receive this payment in approximately 20 business days after you receive your cashback incentive payment.
If you're not sure which changes to implement, do a quick online Home Energy Survey and receive a FREE personalised Home Energy Savings Report. This report will show you how to save electricity in your home and outline various cashback incentives available to you. To access the Home Energy Survey please go to the Apply now webpage, enter your National Metering Identifier (NMI) and select the survey option.
For more information about this program please call us on 1300 977 421 between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, or email email@example.com.
- PeakSmart terms & conditions and Residential terms & conditions apply
- Economy tariff savings are based on comparing notified prices for Tariff 11 with Tariff 31/Tariff 33, effective 1 July 2016. 5-star energy efficient pool pump savings based on 1.1 kilowatt fixed speed pool pump operating for 6 hours per day replaced with 160 watt variable speed pool pump operating for 8 hours per day
- Must be a swimming pool filtration system used only for the purposes of filtration and associated sanitation in domestic installations and rated 5-stars or greater under the Voluntary Energy Rating Labelling Program for swimming pool pumps under the Australian Government's Equipment Energy Efficiency (E3) program
- Electric hot water system - minimum 160 litres for tariff 33 or 250 litres for tariff 31, or heat pump hot water system - minimum 270 litres for tariff 33.