Residential cashback incentives
Complete any of the actions in the table below to make your home more energy efficient and you can apply for cashback incentives. Or, if you’re building a new home, complete a range of actions and you can apply for $1,000 cashback.
Please note, work carried out and all invoices must be dated after 13 August 2015.
If you purchased a PeakSmart air conditioner prior to 13 August 2015, you can still claim a cashback incentive if you convert your air conditioner to PeakSmart Active after this date.
Please make sure you review the terms and conditions for this program.
|Installa new PeakSmart Active air conditioner, or convert your existing PeakSmart Ready air conditioner to PeakSmart Active||Reduce upfront costs|
$150 – 2 kW to 5 kW cooling capacity
$250 – >5 kW to 10 kW cooling capacity
$500 - >10 kW and above cooling capacity5
|Air conditioner cannot be connected to Tariff 33. Air conditioner must comply with AS 4755.3.1. PeakSmart receiver must be fitted by licensed contractor.|
Maximum of 3 PeakSmart air conditioner claims per household
Supplier/installers invoice showing make and model number of air conditioner purchased/installed, and completed PeakSmart job sheet (PDF 93.8 kb).
For cashback claims for conversion of a previously installed PeakSmart capable air-conditioner to become PeakSmart Active, only the completed Peak Smart job sheet is required.
Change your existing electric or electric heat pump hot water system to an economy tariff
Save between 15% and 45% on electricity running costs
|$150||Existing hot water systems on tariff 11 only, new hot water systems not eligible. Must comply with hot water tank sizing guidelines4||Electrical contractors invoice with details to confirm electric hot water system or electric heat pump hot water system has been changed to an economy tariff|
|Increase your electric hot water system to 160L or greater and change to an economy tariff|
Save between 15% and 45% on electricity running costs
|$225||Existing hot water system must be electric, less than 140 litres and on Tariff 11. New hot water system must be minimum 160 litres (electric)||Supplier/installers invoice showing size of your electric hot water system before andafter the increase with details to confirm change to economy tariff|
|Change your halogen downlights to LED|
Save up to 80% on electricity running costs
|$7.50per globe||Minof 4 and max 8 lights per claim. LEDs must be 10 watts or less. Lamp only replacement or complete new fitting accepted|
Supplier/installers invoice showing the type, wattage and number of LED lights purchased/installed
|Change your fixed speed pool pump to Economy Tariff 33||Save up to 15% on electricity running costs.||$250||Must be converting existing fixed speed pool (not variable speed)||Electrical contractors invoice with details to confirm pool pump changed to Economy Tariff 33|
|Upgrade to a minimum 5-star energy efficient pool pump3||Save up to 80% on electricity running costs||$200||5-star variable speed pool pump or better. Must be replacing fixed speed pool pump. Existing pools only, new pools not eligible||Supplier/installers invoice with details to confirm pool pump changed from fixed speed to minimum 5-star pool pump|
Please note: If a new meter is required at your premises to change to an economy tariff for one of the above actions, you may be charged an upfront meter charge by your electricity retailer. This charge will appear on your next electricity bill after the new meter has been installed. If your cashback incentive claim is approved we will also send you a cheque for the meter costs you incurred. You should receive this payment in approximately 20 business days after you receive your cashback incentive payment.
If you're not sure which changes to implement, do a quick online Home Energy Survey and receive a FREE personalised Home Energy Savings Report. This report will show you how to save electricity in your home and outline various cashback incentives available to you. To access the Home Energy Survey please go to the Apply now webpage, enter your National Metering Identifier (NMI) and select the survey option.
For more information about this program please call us on 1300 977 421 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Terms and conditions apply
- Economy tariff savings are based on comparing notified prices for Tariff 11 with Tariff 31/Tariff 33, effective 1 July 2015. LED savings based on 50 watt halogen downlights replaced with 10 watt LED. 5-star energy efficient pool pump savings based on 1.1 kilowatt fixed speed pool pump operating for 6 hours per day replaced with 160 watt variable speed pool pump operating for 8 hours per day
- Must be a swimming pool filtration system used only for the purposes of filtration and associated sanitation in domestic installations and rated 5-stars or greater under the Voluntary Energy Rating Labelling Program for swimming pool pumps under the Australian Government's Equipment Energy Efficiency (E3) program
- Electric hot water system - minimum 160 litres for tariff 33 or 250 litres for tariff 31, or heat pump hot water system - minimum 270 litres for tariff 33.
- From 1 Dec 2017 the PeakSmart cashback offers will change to: $100 cashback for less than 4kW cooling capacity, $200 cashback for >4kw and less than 10kW cooling capacity, $400 cashback for >10kW cooling capacity. The new offers apply to applications submitted from 1 Dec 2017.