Business cashback incentives
The peak demand period in the Cannonvale area is 12pm-8pm, Monday to Friday, November to April.
Below is a list of actions to make your business more energy efficient and cashback incentives for which you can apply. To be eligible for an incentive payment, the energy management measures implemented must reduce demand on the network during the stated peak demand period. Please note you must apply for pre-approval for cashback incentives before implementing any changes.
Please note, work carried out and all invoices must be dated after 13 August 2015.
If you purchased a PeakSmart air conditioner prior to 13 August 2015, you can still claim a cashback incentive if you convert your air conditioner to PeakSmart Active after this date.
|Permanently remove or shift electricity usage from peak to off-peak periods||May benefit from time of use tariffs||Up to $350/kVA of reduced network peak demand||Savings from change, including diversity factor, must occur during specified peak demand times||Negotiated with applicant and outlined in Letter of Offer|
|Improve power factor (PF)||Improve efficiency and life of equipment||Up to $350/kVA of reduced network peak demand||Cashback incentives only apply to improvements above level required by Regulation: low voltage (<1 kV) 0.8 PF; medium voltage (1 kV < 5 0kV) 0.9 PF; high voltage (50 kV and 250 kV) 0.95 PF||Measurement and Verification report, commissioning report, certificate of test, and certificate of compliance with the requirements of s2.9 of the Queensland Connection and Metering Manual|
|Upgrade air conditioning, lighting or other equipment with more energy efficient models||Reduce electricity running costs||Up to $350/kVA of reduced network peak demand||Savings from change, including diversity factor, must occur during specified peak demand times||Supplier/ installers invoice. Measurement and Verification report may also be required.To be negotiated with applicant and outlined in Letter of Offer|
|Install Solar PV||Reduce electricity running costs||Cashback incentive calculated by multiplying the number of kW of the solar PV system x0.12 (north facing systems) or 0.18 (west facing systems) x $3504||Minimum size solar PV system is 10 kW, up to maximum of 30 kW. Approval for grid connection required||Supplier/ installers invoice showing details of solar PV system installed and orientation and tilt of PV modules|
|Install a new PeakSmart Active air conditioner, or convert your existing PeakSmart Ready air conditioner to PeakSmart Active||Reduce up front costs||
$100 – less than 4kW cooling capacity
$200 – >4kw and less than 10kW cooling capacity
$400 – >10kW cooling capacity
|Air conditioner cannot be connected to Tariff 33. Air conditioner must comply with AS 4755.3.1. PeakSmart receiver must be fitted by licensed contractor||
Supplier / installers invoice showing model number, capacity, and that a PeakSmart receiver has been fitted to the air conditioner and completed PeakSmart Air Conditioner Installation Form (PDF 64.8 kb).
For cashback claims for conversion of a previously installed PeakSmart capable air-conditioner to become PeakSmart Active, only the completed PeakSmart Air Conditioner Installation Form is required
|Change your existing electric or electric heat pump hot water system to an economy tariff||Save between 15% and 45% on electricity running costs||$175||Existing hot water systems on non-load controlled tariff, new hot water systems not eligible. Must comply with hot water tank sizing guidelines5||Contractors invoice showing change of electric or electric heat pump hot water system to an economy tariff|
|Increase your electric hot water system to 160L or greater and change to an economy tariff||Save between 15% and 45% on electricity running costs||$225||Existing hot water system must be electric, less than 140 litres and on non-load controlled tariff converting to economy tariff 31 or 33. New system must be min 160 litres (electric)||Contractors invoice showing size of your electric hot water system before and after increase and change to an economy tariff|
|Change your fixed speed pool pump to Economy Tariff 33||Save up to 15% on electricity running costs||$250||Must be converting existing fixed speed pool pump (not variable speed)||Contractors invoice showing change to Economy Tariff 33|
|Up grade to a minimum 5-star energy efficient pool pump3||Save up to 80% on electricity running costs||$200||5-star variable speed pool pump or better. Must be replacing fixed speed pool pump. Existing pools only, new pools not eligible||Supplier/ installers invoice showing change from fixed speed to minimum 5-star energy efficient pool pump|
- Business customers must first apply for pre-approval for any proposed changes and wait for a Letter of Offer to confirm eligibility for cashback incentives. The Letter of Offer is valid for 6 months or as otherwise outlined
- If a new meter is required at your premises to change to an economy tariff for one of the above actions, you may be charged an upfront meter charge by your electricity retailer. This charge will appear on your next electricity bill after the new meter has been installed. If your cashback incentive claim is approved we will also send you a cheque for the meter costs you incurred. You should receive this payment in approximately 20 business days after you receive your cashback incentive payment.
Trade Ally Network
We've established the Trade Ally Network (TAN) to help you explore energy efficiency and demand management opportunities. The TAN is a registry of local, state-wide and national businesses that offer energy management goods and services. Of course you are welcome to contact another provider not listed in the TAN registry.
For more information about this program please call us on 1300 550 766 between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PeakSmart terms & conditions and Business terms & conditions apply.
- Economy tariff savings are based on comparing notified prices for Tariff 11 with Tariff 31/Tariff 33, effective 1 July 2015. 5-star energy efficient pool pump savings based 1.1 kilowatt fixed speed pool pump operating for 6 hours per day replaced with 160 watt variable speed pool pump operating for 8 hours per day. 5-star energy efficient pool pump savings based 1.1 kilowatt fixed speed pool pump operating for 6 hours per day replaced with 160 watt variable speed pool pump operating for 8 hours per day. This applies to residential sized pools in commercial premises - large commercial pools should be calculated on a case by case basis, given the various factors involved with pump sizing and filtration needs
- Must be a swimming pool filtration system used only for the purposes of filtration and associated sanitation and rated 5-stars or greater under the Voluntary Energy Rating Labelling Program for swimming pool pumps under the Australian Government's Equipment Energy Efficiency (E3) program
- Cashback incentive is calculated by multiplying by the installed panel capacity or inverter capacity in kW (whichever is the smaller) x 0.12, or x 0.18 for systems facing west, x $350. West facing solar PV systems must be within 45 degrees of west and with a minimum 10 degree tilt
- Electric hot water system - minimum 160 litres for tariff 33 or 250 litres for tariff 31, or heat pump hot water system - minimum 270 litres for tariff 33.