Incentive program terms and conditions
This information forms the general eligibility criteria for the Ergon Incentives program cashback offer.
Applicants must fully comply with all the eligibility requirements in these terms & conditions to qualify for cashback incentive payments.
The Ergon Incentives program cashback offer is only available in specific locations across Ergon Energy's distribution network. Location specific criteria, including incentive conditions and incentive levels, are available by visiting www.ergon.com.au/incentives or calling 1300 550 766. The location specific criteria apply in addition to these Terms and Conditions.
Final decisions regarding Ergon Incentives program cashback offer eligibility will be made by Ergon Energy and based on the information provided in the application form and any subsequent information provided.
As the applicant you acknowledge that:
- You own, occupy, or are applying on behalf of, and with the approval of, a third party who owns or occupies a premises within the Ergon Energy electricity distribution network area which is in an area of network constraint and for which an Ergon Incentive is available.
- You must first apply for pre-approval for cashback incentive offers for one or more eligible demand management goods and/or services that is eligible for incentive funding from Ergon Energy (refer to www.ergon.com.au/incentives for list of eligible incentives). Applications for demand management goods and/or services not listed will be considered on a case by case basis by Ergon Energy. Ergon Energy will determine the applicable network benefit in terms of kVA reduction on the network, any applicable financial incentive and the format for verifying and making payment.
- The demand management goods and/or services incentivised through this program must be installed and be compliant with all relevant Australian or International standards and be installed by an appropriate qualified, experienced and licensed contractor.
- Ergon Energy will acknowledge receipt of your application via email and undertake an assessment of the application, including eligibility of the premise(s) and the proposed demand management measures. Ergon Energy may request further information as part of the assessment and prior to issuing any approval for incentive funding. Ergon Energy may reject any application that does not meet the eligibility criteria or any of the location specific criteria.
- Upon approval of an incentive application, applicants will be issued an incentive pre-approval in the form of a Letter of Offer or other appropriate form of contract. The pre-approval documentation will outline the pre-approved incentive amounts; any agreed measurement and verification requirements; process for making claims for incentive payment including supporting documentation; and any deadline for completing the demand management measures.
- Payments will either be made on installation of the measures and receipt of a satisfactory claim, or following receipt of an approved Measurement and Verification report within 12 months after installation. Ergon Energy reserves the right to request further information or evidence to verify compliance with these Terms and Conditions or requirements outlined in the Letter of Offer, prior to making payment. You must allow Ergon Energy reasonable access to the premise(s) to assess this application, any claim for payment and to confirm eligibility, if required. Ergon Energy may in its absolute discretion reject an application for a cashback incentive claim if it is concerned with its legitimacy.
- Ergon Energy reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions at any time in its absolute discretion.
- Applicants may be required to repay any cashback incentives paid if any of these Terms and Condition or requirements outlined in the Letter of Offer are found to have been breached.
- By law, electrical work must be carried out by a licensed electrical contractor. For your own safety, you should not alter or attempt your own electrical work on any of your appliances.
- By law, installation of air conditioning systems must be carried out by a licensed refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic.
- Under no circumstances will Ergon Energy be liable for any loss, damages or loss of profit, revenue, business reputation or opportunity which may be sustained by you in relation to the actual or purported implementation of any energy saving device or Ergon Energy's rejection of any incentive application.
- If you are unsure about any of the conditions of funding, it is your responsibility to contact the Ergon Energy to obtain advice.
- Involvement in this program does not alter or affect the terms and conditions of your existing Standard Retail Contract (or the tariff rates for electricity supplied under that contract) or your existing Standard Connection Contract with Ergon Energy.
- Incentives are available for either reduced demand measures (measures that reduce demand on the network by reducing, removing or shifting electricity usage from peak to off-peak times) or demand response measures (involving customer embedded generation or call-off load that reduces demand on the network on an 'on-call' basis).
- The applicable incentive offers may be in the form of demand management products (defined as demand management measures for which applicable kVA savings on the network and an applicable fixed incentive is pre-determined by Ergon Energy) or for non-deemed measures where incentive is based on the agreed $/kVA of network benefit. Retainer payments may also be available for demand response measures. Incentives are listed on www.ergon.com.au/incentives.