Network feedback

Our Complaints and Dispute Resolution Procedure¹ explains how we'll manage complaints and disputes. It includes what information we require from you, when you can expect to hear from us, and what options you have if you feel your complaint or dispute hasn't been handled effectively.

Who does the procedure apply to?

The Procedure applies to you if you're a small customer and draw your electricity supply directly from our network. A small customer is someone who purchases energy mainly for personal or household purposes, or a business who consumes less than 100 megawatt hours of electricity each year.

The procedure can also apply to contractors or suppliers providing goods or services to, or on behalf of us.

What is a complaint?

A complaint or dispute is an expression of your dissatisfaction in relation to our actions, products, services, staff or the handling of a complaint where you would like a response or resolution.

It doesn't include general enquiries or requests for our action, such as:

A complaint or dispute may include:

Suspected corrupt conduct complaints

If you have a complaint relating to us that involves, or may involve, suspected Corrupt Conduct as defined under the Crime and Corruption Act 2001 (Qld) or a Public Interest Disclosure as defined in the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2010 (Qld), please call our 24/7 Integrity Line on 1800 822 965 or send details in writing to our mailing address.

How to make a complaint or dispute

You can raise a complaint or dispute with us:

Our commitment to customers

As part of our commitment to you, we:

  • Recognise your right to raise concerns about electricity supply or any of our products or services
  • Will attempt to resolve any issues you may have in an effective, respectful and professional manner
  • Will take your feedback into consideration to continually improve how we handle complaints or disputes.

When you have a complaint, we will:

  • Respond quickly and aim to resolve the complaint when it is first raised
  • Keep you informed of the progress of your complaint when it is first raised
  • Let you know you have the right to take complaints to more senior staff in our business, to the Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland or other appropriate organisations
  • Keep reviewing how we handle complaints to make sure our processes and procedures are effective.

Complaint handling process

When can you expect to be contacted?

We strive to provide a resolution to a customer complaint at the first point of contact. Should a resolution at the first point of contact not be possible, we have a target to:

  • Acknowledge all complaints within two business days
  • Resolve a complaint within ten business days of initial contact.

Where complaints cannot or have not been resolved within ten business days, an extended resolution date will be negotiated with you. If a site visit is required, we'll organise this with you for a time that is convenient.

What information is needed to resolve your complaint?

Please provide a telephone number when lodging a complaint as we may need more information to assist with our investigation. Also, please indicate the response or resolution you are seeking.

What if you're not satisfied with our response?

If you're not satisfied with our response, you have the right to request your complaint or dispute be reviewed by our Distribution Customer Advocacy Team.

Escalating a dispute to the Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland

If a complaint isn't resolved to your satisfaction, you're entitled to contact the Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland on 1800 662 837 or by visiting

The Energy and Water Ombudsman provides an independent and free dispute resolution service for residential and small business energy customers across Queensland when they've been unable to resolve their concerns directly with their energy supplier.

The Ombudsman expects that you have first tried to resolve the complaint with us, prior to raising the matter with the Ombudsman. See the Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland complaint resolution flowchart for more information.

How can I get special assistance with an interpreter or a TTY service?

We offer a language interpreter assistance service for customers from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and a TTY (teletypewriter) service for hearing impaired customers.

National relay service

If you're deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can contact us through the National Relay Service (NRS). To make a relay call through the NRS all you need to do is:

  1. Contact the NRS via the details on the NRS call numbers webpage
  2. Give the Ergon Energy number you want to call.

For more information, visit the NRS website.

Translating and interpreting service

If you need translating or interpreting services you can phone 13 14 50 and request the Ergon Energy phone number you wish to contact, or make a general enquiry on 13 74 66.

Can someone else make a complaint on your behalf?

Yes. However, you'll need to give written confirmation that you've authorised another person to pursue the complaint so we can be confident that we're not breaching your privacy when we discuss your complaint with them.

The collection and handling of your personal information during the complaints will be done so in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Please refer to our Privacy Statement webpage.

Where can I find more information?

You can find more information in the Energy Queensland’s Complaints Management Policy. Ergon Network, as part of Energy Queensland, acknowledges that effective complaints handling is fundamental to the provision of a quality service. We're committed to providing a complaint handling system whereby complaints are dealt with in an equitable, objective and unbiased manner.

As owners and operators of the electricity distribution network in Regional Queensland, we're proud and passionate about our responsibilities of meeting your needs for a safe and reliable electricity supply. To show our commitment we've developed the Ergon Network Customer Charter.


  1. Our Standard Complaint and Dispute Resolution Procedure is for your information and is not a contract. This Procedure is consistent with the Australian/New Zealand Standard AS/NZS 10002:2014 (Guidelines for complaint management in organizations) and will be regularly reviewed and updated as required.