Electrical contractor fees claims
If you've investigated issues with a customer's electricity supply which you found to be our fault, you can request that we pay for your services.
If you've already been paid for your services, the customer can make a claim for reimbursement.
Making a claim for electrical contractor fees
We can pay reasonable charges for work done by a licensed electrical contractor if there's been:
- Loss of supply to a customer's hot water system caused by a fault with our equipment that supplies power to the hot water system. You need to let us know as soon as possible about the fault and get a service order number.
- Loss of supply to a customer's home caused by a fault in our electricity distribution network. You need to let us know as soon as possible about the fault and get a fault call number.
We can reimburse for work that directly relates to an Ergon Energy fault. Reasonable charges include a standard call out fee and, where applicable, standard hourly rates for work completed.
Documents to support your claim
To help us assess your request, please give us a tax invoice to confirm the type and value of your claim, and include the service order number or fault call number on the invoice.
How to submit a claim
You can submit your claim in three ways:
- Make an online claim via the Electrical Partners Portal
- Email the details of your claim to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure you include the following information:
- Service order number / fault call number
- Your name
- Business name
- Business address
- Licence number
- Phone number
- Email address
- A scanned copy of your tax invoice
- Fax or post your claim with a covering letter, including all the information listed above, and a tax invoice attached:
- Fax to (07) 4932 7124 marked 'Attention Claims'
- Post to Ergon Energy, PO Box 308, Rockhampton QLD 4700.
Have questions or need help? Call us on 13 74 66 to talk with one of our Customer Service Representatives.