Electrical contractor fees claims

If you've investigated issues with a customer's electricity supply which you found to be our fault, you can request that we pay for your services.

If you've already been paid for your services, the customer can make a claim for reimbursement.

Making a claim for electrical contractor fees

We can pay reasonable charges for work done by a licensed electrical contractor if there's been:

  • Loss of supply to a customer's hot water system caused by a fault with our equipment that supplies power to the hot water system. You need to let us know as soon as possible about the fault and get a service order number.
  • Loss of supply to a customer's home caused by a fault in our electricity distribution network. You need to let us know as soon as possible about the fault and get a fault call number.

We can reimburse for work that directly relates to an Ergon Energy fault. Reasonable charges include a standard call out fee and, where applicable, standard hourly rates for work completed.

Documents to support your claim

To help us assess your request, please give us a tax invoice to confirm the type and value of your claim, and include the service order number or fault call number on the invoice.

How to submit a claim

You can submit your claim in three ways:

  1. Make an online claim via the Electrical Partners Portal
  2. Email the details of your claim to electricalcontractorfees@ergon.com.au. Ensure you include the following information:
    1. Service order number / fault call number
    2. Your name
    3. Business name
    4. Business address
    5. ABN
    6. Licence number
    7. Phone number
    8. Email address
    9. A scanned copy of your tax invoice
  3. Fax or post your claim with a covering letter, including all the information listed above, and a tax invoice attached:
    1. Fax to (07) 4932 7124 marked 'Attention Claims'
    2. Post to Ergon Energy, PO Box 308, Rockhampton QLD 4700.

Have questions or need help? Call us on 13 74 66 to talk with one of our Customer Service Representatives.