Connection services charges
Customer connection services include services such as the establishment of a new connection, the alteration of an existing connection, and the ongoing connection and supply of electricity across a connection point.
Ergon Energy is subject to economic regulation by the Australian Energy Regulator (AER) under the National Electricity Law (the NEL) and the National Electricity Rules. Under these laws, the AER is responsible for regulating the revenues Ergon Energy can earn and the prices that we can charge for customer connection services.
In order to regulate the prices that Ergon Energy can charge for our services, the AER has classified our regulated distribution services (which include customer connection services) into Standard Control Services and Alternative Control Services.
Standard control services
Standard Control Services (SCS) are core distribution services associated with the access and supply of electricity to customers. They include:
- Network services (e.g. construction, maintenance and repair of the network)
- Some connection services (e.g. small customer connections)
- Type 7 metering services.
Ergon Energy recovers our costs in providing SCS through network tariffs billed to retailers.
Alternative control services
Alternative Control Services (ACS) are comprised of:
- Fee based services - regulated distribution activities Ergon Energy undertakes at the request of an identifiable customer, retailer or appropriate third party, which are in addition to our SCS and are levied as a separate charge. These services are priced on a 'fixed fee' basis, as the costs of providing the service (and therefore price) can be assessed in advance of the service being requested by a customer or retailer (e.g. de‑energisations, re‑energisations, and supply abolishment etc.)
- Quoted services - similar to fee based services, but they are 'priced on application', as the nature and scope of these services are variable and the costs (and therefore price) are specific to the individual retailer's or customer's needs (e.g. design and construction of connection assets for major customers, real estate development connections, special meter reads etc.)
- Default metering services - relate to the provision, installation, maintenance, reading and data services of basic electricity meters (Type 5 and 6) for small to medium business and residential customers. These are the meters that measure the electricity that goes into a property, and which allow electricity retailers to bill their customers. Ergon Energy recovers our costs of providing default metering services through charges based on the number and type of meters we provide the customer. A separate upfront charge for new or upgraded meters is also payable
- Public lighting services - relate to the provision, construction and maintenance of public lighting assets owned by Ergon Energy, and emerging public lighting technology. Ergon Energy recovers our costs of providing public lighting services through a daily public lighting charge billed to retailers. We also charge a one-off exit fee, which is payable when a public light is scrapped before the end of its useful operational life.
Please refer to Table 3 of Ergon Energy's Connection Policy (PDF 580.0 kb) for a summary of the connection fees and charges approved by the AER.
For more information on Ergon Energy's charges for customer connection services, please view our Network tariffs webpage.