Network customer charters
Our Customer Charters give customers information about the terms and conditions of contracts with us for the billing and sale of electricity and contracts for the electricity connection. They also provide other more general information relating to your rights, entitlements and obligations.
Distribution Customer Charter
The Distribution Customer Charter sets out our commitment to residential and business customers. It provides information about your electricity connection contract with us and our respective rights and obligations.
This contract relates to the physical connection of your premises to our supply network and the supply of electricity to those premises.
The suite of core energy laws that outline your rights and obligations as an electricity connection applicant or customer are:
- the National Energy Retail Law set out as a schedule to the National Energy Retail Law (South Australia) Act 2011 (SA), as amended by the National Energy Retail Law (Queensland) Act 2014 (Qld)
- the National Energy Retail Rules, as amended by the National Energy Retail Law (Queensland) Regulation 2014 (Qld)
- the National Energy Retail Regulations
- the National Electricity Law set out as a schedule to the National Electricity (South Australia) Act 1996 (SA) as amended by the Electricity – National Scheme (Queensland) Act 1997 (Qld)
- the National Electricity Rules, as amended by the Electricity – National Scheme (Queensland) Regulation 2014 (Qld)
- the Electricity Act 1994 (Qld) and the Electricity Regulation 2006 (Qld)
- the Electricity Distribution Network Code
- the Electrical Safety Act 2002 (Qld), Electrical Safety Regulation 2013 (Qld) and the Electrical Safety (Codes of Practice) Notice 2013 (Qld)
We're committed to continually improving our service to you and welcome your feedback about our Customer Charters. Either email us or call us on 13 74 66 (7:00am to 6:30pm, Monday to Friday).
Select an image to view our Distribution Customer Charters.
New Connections for Developers Charter
Select the image to view our New Connections for Developers Charter.