Storm cuts power to Darling Downs customers
Published: 21 Mar 2015 11:44pm
Power has been restored to the majority of Ergon Energy customers on the Darling Downs and South Burnett tonight after storms caused widespread power supply interruptions.
More than 15,000 customers had their power supply cut in the Toowoomba, Southern Downs and Chinchilla regions as the storms brought lightning and strong winds gusts.
The major extended interruption is affecting about 1000 customers in Charlton, Glencoe, Gowrie Mountain and Kingsthorpe after lightning struck a pole about 7.30pm, bring down the pole and the power lines it supported.
Power is due to be restored to about 130 customers in Wilsonton about 1am after high voltage power lines fell into the low-voltage lines underneath them, originally affecting about 3000 customers in Wilsonton, Wilsonton Heights, Newtown and Glenvale.
About 140 customers on the Red Hill SWER line remain to have their power restored from 1300 originally affected in the Chinchilla region.
More recently, the storm impacts extended into the South Burnett with about 1300 customers in Kingaroy, Crawford, Wooroolin and Memerambi losing power about 9.10pm.
Areas where power has been restored include:
- Warwick, where 4200 customers were affected for 17 minutes;
- Ballandean and Wyberba, where 300 customers were affected due to damage to a lightning arrestor;
- Highfields, where 600 customers were impacted when a tree branch came to rest on power lines in Cecil Crescent;
- North Toowoomba and Rockville, where 1000 customers were affected until crews could patrol the lines to confirm power could be safely reinstated without any repairs being required.
- Miles, Wandoan, Taroom, Meandarra and Condamine, where 3000 customers have just had supply reinstated after 15 minutes.
Estimated restoration times are not yet available, except for the Wilsonton event.
Media Contact: Rod Rehbein
Phone: 4153 9813 or 0407 031 072