You should not rely on the information at this site. Make your own enquiries and obtain independent advice about this site, and any sites linked to or from this site (”linked site”).
To the extent permitted by law, the EQL Group accepts no liability arising from the information at this site, or a linked site, being incorrect, incomplete or misleading. Unless the EQL Group Member has agreed in writing, the EQL Group prohibits any activity which uses intellectual property owned by, or licensed to an EQL Group Member or which may involve the EQL Group Member in any liability. To the extent permitted by law, all terms (including conditions and warranties) are excluded.
If you create a link to or share content from the site, you do so at your own risk. The EQL Group has not agreed to any conduct connected with a linked site or shared which may be unlawful, or an infringement of rights.
Where the EQL Group has allowed you to share information from this site to a third party website, your licence to do so is limited to that purpose, and you must not alter or interfere with, or misrepresent, that information in anyway.
The EQL Group means Energex Limited, Ergon Energy Corporation Limited, Energy Queensland Limited, Ergon Energy Queensland Limited, Yurika Pty Ltd, jointly or severally and an EQL Group Member is any one of these companies.
Portal terms and conditions
The EQL Group operates multiple web portals for interacting with customers and suppliers. These portals are accessible via EQL Group Member websites using personal log in details.
- any obligation on, or undertaking by you
- any licences granted by you, and
- any disclaimer by, or limitation of liability of, the EQL Group.
Secure access and account management
You may create, or an EQL Group Member may issue you with, a Username and Password (User ID) for accessing each Portal.
Each user of a Portal must have his or her own User ID and must keep this User ID confidential. You must securely store any User ID created and not show, tell, or otherwise make it available to, anyone. You agree that the EQL Group may rely on, and may deem any use of your User ID, to be an act done by you.
Persons with a Group Manager Account may authorise the creation of additional Member Accounts with User IDs for additional users. Any such additional users will be taken to be authorised to complete transactions as agent on behalf of the person with the Group Manager Account, and will constitute an Authorised Representative of that person.
You agree that you are responsible for any transactions:
- completed by yourself, and
- if you hold a Group Manager Account, completed by any person holding a Member Account associated with that Group Manager Account.
You agree to give the EQL Group Member such information requested from time to time in respect to access to the Portal.
You agree to immediately notify the EQL Group Member on becoming aware of, or suspecting, any unauthorised use, copying or disclosure of the User ID or any unauthorised access to, or use of, the Portal.
If you hold a Group Manager Account, you are responsible for ensuring that, where any person holding a Member Account associated with your Group Manager Account is no longer entitled to make transactions on your behalf, you remove that Member Account from your Group account. If you are unable to do this, you must notify the EQL Group Member managing the Portal immediately.
Restrictions on use
You must not, either directly or through any third party:
- use the Portal for any purpose, other than as a legitimate customer or for any purpose than intended, or
- on sell access to the Portal for any purpose
- take any action that may:
- disrupt access or cause damage to the Portal
- interfere with the proper operation of the Portal
- impose an unusually large load on the infrastructure of the Portal
- significantly impact on the bandwidth allowing information flow to and from the Portal
- take any action that involves decompiling, reverse engineering or reverse assembling of any part of the Portal, including, without limitation, attempting to reveal source code or other processes or formulae embedded within the Portal, or
- without our prior written consent:
- copy, reproduce, alter, modify, or display in public any content from the Portal, or
- use any data accumulation tool, robot or spider to compile, disseminate, extract, process, monitor, or copy any web pages from the Portal (including any information, data, graphics or content contained within the Portal).
Portals - Electrical Partners
You acknowledge and agree that the submission of a form electronically through the Portal is:
- sufficient to meet any requirement for your signature, and
- is reliable and appropriate for the purpose of communicating the information relevant to the transaction.
Furthermore, any submission of a form via the Portal is deemed to be a certification that:
- the information contained in the form is complete, accurate, and not misleading
- the submission is compliant with all relevant State and Federal laws and relevant Australian Standards
- the user making the submission is an electrical contractor authorised under the Electrical Safety Act 2002 (Qld) and the Electrical Safety Regulation 2002 (Qld) to perform the relevant electrical work, or is a person authorised to make the submission on behalf of such an electrical contractor
- the work performed in connection with the submission has been completed in accordance with all relevant State and Federal laws (including the Electrical Safety Regulation 2002 (Qld)) and relevant Australian Standards, and has been tested in compliance with Part 8 of the Electrical Safety Regulation 2002 (Qld) and any other relevant law or Australian Standard, and
- the electrical installation will be safe and ready for connection by the stated date.
If you are making a transaction and/or agreement on behalf of a customer, you must ensure that:
- the customer has authority to enter into the transaction or agreement, and
- if the customer is not either the named retail customer or the sole occupier of the Premises, that the customer has warranted to you that they are duly authorised by all other occupiers of the Premises to apply for and enter into a contract for the Services on behalf all persons occupying and/or residing at the Premises.
We may receive information about you from yourself or your electricity retailer. We will only handle, use or disclose your personal information in accordance with applicable laws relating to personal privacy or confidentiality.
Privacy collection statement
The Privacy Statement sets out how the EQL Group will collect, hold, use, and disclose your personal information. Personal information is any information that identifies you or by which your identity can be reasonably determined. It also describes the type of information we collect.
When you provide an EQL Group Member with information, or upload photographs you give the each EQL Group Member a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty free, worldwide licence to use those photographs including making them available online in any EQL Group Members’ channels such as websites, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, and all internal EQL Group Member systems available to staff. The photograph could also be distributed in print format.