Ergon Energy employs people in a variety of trade roles across our operations in regional Queensland. We generally conduct bulk recruitment campaigns for our trade positions every second month during the year. Check out our job vacancies for available positions.
Role types & opportunities
Ergon Energy employs people in the following trades:
- Electrical Fitter Mechanic
- Live Line Linesperson
- Cable Jointer
There are two main work groups in which you can work:
- Field Operations - this work group undertakes any work that takes under 500 hours including involvement in customer and network response issues, unplanned outages and lines down, customer service for new connections, reconnection, disconnections, final readings and streetlight maintenance. You would be required to be on-call on a shift roster.
- Transmission & Project Services (TaPS) - this work group undertakes any work that takes over 500 hours, usually major project work including construction and commission services for all major capital generation, transmission, distribution and building projects. As part of the TaDS work group you would be required to work away from home fairly regularly (up to about six months per year), however this varies depending on your location.
Our tradespeople are employed at our depots all over regional Queensland. Have a look at our depot map to view possible locations.
Applicants for trade positions with Ergon Energy must meet the following requirements:
- Be trade qualified as either an Electrical Fitter Mechanic or a Linesperson
- Be able to pass a pre-employment medical
- Hold a Queensland Electrical Licence or have the ability to attain one.
Need more information? Call Ergon Energy Careers on 1800 656 810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.