Ergon Energy has many career opportunities in the semi-professional electrical field. The role of an electrical semi-professional or para professional varies depending on the position and the work group.
We generally conduct bulk recruitment campaigns every second month during the year. Check out our job vacancies for available positions.
Sample of Positions
We employ semi-professionals (or para -professionals) in a variety of roles including:
- Civil Technical Officers
- Communication Technicians
- Distribution Planning Officers
- Network Operations Officers
- Substation Design Officers
- Lines Maintenance and Analysis Officers
Our semi-professionals can work with a diverse range of work groups including:
- Distribution Support - provides the distribution arm with operational support and technical advice
- Field Operations - involved in customer and network issues
- Network - manages Ergon Energy's network assets
- Transmission and Project Services (TaPS) - provides support for all major capital generation, transmission, distribution, and building projects.
Download our work group brochure (PDF 479.3 kb) for more information.
Our electrical semi-professionals are generally employed at our major regional centres (including Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Maryborough, and Toowoomba) and some depots located across Queensland. Have a look at our depot map to view possible locations.
Applicants for electrical semi-professional positions with us must meet the following requirements:
- Electricity System Designer - must complete or have completed a Certificate IV in Electrical System Design
- Communications Technicians - must complete or have completed an Associate Degree in Electricity or Electronics. This is a four-year, part-time university course
- Civil roles - must complete or have completed an Associate Degree in Civil Engineering
- The majority of semi-professional roles require an Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Trade qualifications can be an advantage for some roles.