In most cases, a new electricity connection to a rural property will require the extension of our network. This may involve extending the high voltage lines and/or the installation of a transformer. In order to arrange a new connection:
- Contact your local licensed electrical contractor or electrician who will determine your connection needs
- Then contact Ergon Energy on 13 10 46 (Mon to Fri, 7.00am - 6.30pm) to discuss your connection needs with a Customer Care Representative
- If the Customer Care Representative advises that a supply suitable for your connection needs is available:
- If the Customer Care Representative cannot confirm that supply suitable for your connection needs is available, or if Ergon Energy requires more information, you will need to complete a Network Connection Services Application Form (PDF 534.6 kb). We can send this form to you along with the Network Connection Services Application Guidelines (PDF 657.6 kb) on how to complete and return it, or you can download it. If the connection service you are seeking is for a subdivision you should make your application using the Network Connection Services Subdivision Application Form (PDF 65.5 kb)
- Ergon Energy will charge a fee of $250 to cover the cost of assessing the application and making an Offer for Network Connection Services.
Connect your pumps
Installation of pumps in a rural area may require the extension of our electricity network.
In order to assess if an extension is required you will need to provide the following information by completing a Network Connection Services Application Form (PDF 534.6 kb):
- Motor size in kilowatts (kW)
- Proposed motor start devices. The starting current of electrical motors must be limited to that specified in Section 1.8.1 of our Queensland Electricity Connection and Metering Manual (PDF 7.1 mb)
- Proposed time of operation including days per week, hours per day and time of year
- The intended use of the pump, for example, crop irrigation.
Call us on 13 10 46 (Mon to Fri 7.00am - 6.30pm) and we can send this form to you along with the Network Connection Services Application Guidelines (PDF 657.6 kb) on how to complete and return it, or you can download both forms from this page.
How to lodge a completed application form
Your Network Connection Services Application Form should be completed and sent to Ergon Energy using one of the following methods. Please ensure you attach a project sketch or map and any other additional information you feel is relevant.
Fax: (07) 4922 7562
Mail: Ergon Energy
PO Box 308
Rockhampton QLD 4700
Make an enquiry
If you would like more information on new connections to rural properties, complete and submit a Network connection enquiry form or phone 13 10 46 (Mon to Fri, 7.00am - 6.30pm).