Earn while you learn
We are always on the lookout for students who share our passion for the energy industry, and have a genuine interest in working with our company to join our Scholarship Program. With access to financial assistance to put towards your student fees and books, you will have the freedom to concentrate on your studies and build a strong launch pad for your career.
Academic results are not the only thing that makes a standout candidate for scholarships. We are also looking for well rounded individuals who have a strong customer focus, good communication skills, are active team members and display excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
What a scholarship gives you at a glance
- $6,000 per academic year towards your studies
- An annual $1,000 book allowance
- Access to paid vacation work opportunities, which will help with any compulsory work placement your degree requires; as well as further your career options when you graduate
- The chance to become part of the Ergon Energy Graduate Program.
To be eligible for an Electrical Engineering Scholarship you must:
- Be an undergraduate student at a Queensland university, who has placed or intends to place an emphasis on studying power engineering electives
- Be an undergraduate student who has completed their first year of engineering studies, and currently in 2nd year or greater
- Possess Australian citizenship or permanent residency status.
The recruitment process
The following is a brief guide to the steps involved in our selection process for Electrical Engineering Scholarships:
- Complete an online application; including a copy of your latest academic transcript and CV
- Undertake a short telephone interview
- Complete an online behavioural profile
- Attend an Ergon Energy interview
- Scholarship offer.
How do I apply?
Electrical Engineering Scholarships are advertised during March and April each year. Applications are accepted online during this time via our current job vacancies page.