What to expect
If you follow us, you can expect to receive information during major events/disasters such as cyclones, floods, bushfires etc. covering the following topics:
- Important electrical safety information
- Power restoration information
We update and monitor our social media sites during major events/disasters. Outside of this period the sites are monitored during office hours, Monday to Friday.
We welcome feedback and endeavour to respond in a timely manner. However, we may not be able to reply individually to all comments and replies we receive.
There may be circumstances outside of our control where these social media sites are unavailable. We apologise in advance if this causes any inconvenience.
In this instance, you may be able to find the information you are looking for on our website www.ergon.com.au or by calling us on 13 22 96.
Our Facebook guidelines
We are keen to share information on our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/ErgonEnergy and join in the social media conversation and ask all users to follow a few simple guidelines:
- Keep on topic. Any off-topic, inflammatory, repetitive, offensive, defamatory or inappropriate comments will be deleted.
- Do not harass or make personal attacks against other users. Please be respectful of others and their opinions.
- Do not reveal any personal or sensitive information about yourself or others.
- Do not spam us by reposting other people's appeals, requests or offers, or anything else that could be considered spam.
- Do not link to other Facebook pages, any non-government or off-topic page.
Any comment deemed not to comply with these guidelines will be subject to deletion. Users found repeatedly breaching these guidelines will be banned from the Ergon Energy Facebook page.
Privacy collection notice
Your profile name, name, location, comments, replies and messages from social media sites are collected by Ergon Energy for the purposes of addressing your enquiry, maintaining a record of correspondence and statistics. No other personal information is collected by Ergon Energy from the social media sites.
Depending on your social media privacy settings, by participating on Ergon Energy's social media sites, you may be making your information accessible to people or organisations that access these social media sites in Australia and overseas.
Your information will not be given to any other person or agency unless you have given us permission or we are required or authorised by law (including where there is a serious threat to an individual’s life, health safety or a public health or safety).